Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P72 steelies, lopo ECM, possible snow tires???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P72 steelies, lopo ECM, possible snow tires???

I recently determined that unfortunately I am not going to have a winter car this year, so I'm going to have to use my Lincoln. I'm not using the freaking 10" tires in the snow ever again because they're like driving on four skis... except skis have better handling.

However, I still want the car to look awesome. I love the look of black steelies with the trim rings and dog dishes. Anyone nearby to me (New England area) got a setup like that they'd like to sell? 16" preferable, since big brakes are in my future.

Also, a very handsome and intelligent friend of mine who is helping me troubleshoot my car says he's thinking it might be a problem with the ECM. The car's an '88 Town Car. Does anyone have a KNOWN-GOOD replacement computer they'd part with for relatively cheap?

Also, I'm probably just going to buy some new snows, but just for shits, does anyone have any near-new condition snow tires that'd fit?

Thanks brojos.

...really? No one? I'll consider a 15" P72 setup with the trim rings and dog dishes too...

Comment

Mine's part number is EA2, and that's apparently an 8KD? What's the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
        Mine's part number is EA2, and that's apparently an 8KD? What's the difference?
        i wonder if my lopo ecm is the same code as yours nick. the only thing is i dont have all my HO upgrades ready to swap my ecm yet.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
        -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Depending on the year will add built in cruise control. Every year had different tune, cali car, etc...
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I have the 16" police steelies and the dog dishes, but I don't have the trim rings.

Shipping is one thing I would need to check on though!

Comment

Where are you located? I know I can get them from the junkyard for cheap (I know the junkyard that receives all the crashed Vics from nearby police departments) but I have zero time to get up there while they're open.

Also, am I mistaken, or do all the 16" P72 rims look like this:

If so, can those even take trim rings? They're ugly as hell... I like the 15" P72 style but I'm going to need 16" for my big brakes... I'd prefer not to grind my calipers.

Comment

You are mistaken, those wheels in the pic are 03 and up wheels and they are ugly as hell!

The ones you want are 98-02 wheels and they look like this.
                Attached Files

Comment

Yes! That's exactly what I want. I know I've seen them on the 98+ Statey cars around here but I couldn't find a single freaking picture of them on Google.

Comment

Drive the your Linc in the winter?? Oh the huge manatee.

"except skis have better handling" lol!

Pete
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Working...
                    X