HELP! 03 GM Ultimate. No Headlight, rear defrost, homelink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! 03 GM Ultimate. No Headlight, rear defrost, homelink

Mom was driving the 03 GM Ultimate this morning. Said she stopped to get gas and when she was leaving noticed that the headlights, rear running lights, rear defrost, homelink, and interior lighting are all not working. She just woke me up and im trying to fix it. Looked at the fuses inside and they look good. I guess its time to look out under the hood.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by itsstock02; 11-10-2011, 08:31 AM.
    2002 GT, Saleen Series IV waiting to be installed

I think its the LCM as it controls all that. I am going to replace the headlight relay myself. Does anyone know which other one controls the rear defrost?

Last edited by itsstock02; 11-10-2011, 09:11 AM.

Comment

I've only ever seen info on the headlight relay. I don't think the rear defrost is controlled by the LCM, but then again, I don't have an EVTM for the 03. It almost sounds like the entire LCM is toasted (like a power regulator in it fried or something) to have all of that die at the same time. It's very rare to have multiple relays die at the same time.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I'm thinking the same thing. One relay wouldn't fix it all.

I bookedmarked a website with the pinouts for the Lcm and the defrost is ran through it and so is the interior lightning. I'm juqtin got to have them buy a new one or returned off eBay and see where it goes.

Comment

bugger... them things aren't cheap either.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
          X