WTB '89+ AOD valve body, A servo, relays, auto-dim amplifier, TV cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB '89+ AOD valve body, A servo, relays, auto-dim amplifier, TV cable

Hey guys, I'm on the lookout for a known-good 89'+ valve body for the AOD, as well at the "A" overdrive servo that had better clamping force from the supercoupe AOD. Also looking for 89 TV cable and possibly linkage at the trans side.

Also looking for any relays relating to the auto-dim headlight circuit, including the high to low beam and the sensor amplifier that goes on the rear-view mirror. Thanks.
    1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Originally posted by 89LincolnTWNcar View Post
    Hey guys, I'm on the lookout for a known-good 89'+ valve body for the AOD, as well at the "A" overdrive servo that had better clamping force from the supercoupe AOD. Also looking for 89 TV cable and possibly linkage at the trans side.

Also looking for any relays relating to the auto-dim headlight circuit, including the high to low beam and the sensor amplifier that goes on the rear-view mirror. Thanks.
    Would you want a Supercoupe valve body?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      Would you want a Supercoupe valve body?
      yea I'm interested! Have to check if it will fit my Lincoln, I'm thinking it will but I'll check Alldata and Mitchell at school today and see.
      1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Originally posted by 89LincolnTWNcar View Post
        yea I'm interested! Have to check if it will fit my Lincoln, I'm thinking it will but I'll check Alldata and Mitchell at school today and see.
        I'll check the yards, I recall seeing a few SuperCoupes, not sure what years though.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
          I'll check the yards, I recall seeing a few SuperCoupes, not sure what years though.

harrys has 2-3 super coupes one red one and one white one. i would check those out john.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
          -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

I got a valve body now, and a "B" servo, but if you found an "A" servo would still be interested.

Comment

Try www.silverfoxtrans.com
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

One of those tranys we were going to trade for the HHP wheels is a 90 ot 91 witgh linkage. Will still trade for them if you come get it.
                Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

I'll know this week if this valve body fixes my issues or not, I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Comment

Installed the used VB, adjusted the shift linkage (which was off), found the 2-3 accumulator had popped it's C-clip and was cocked in the bore :/ Fixed all that and it still slips badly in 1st gear from a stop, and neutrals out in OD.

Comment

Oh, was that your problem? That's not a valvebody problem!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                        Oh, was that your problem? That's not a valvebody problem!
                        We'll it's a bit more complicated, because the transmission was completely overhauled with new clutches and seals, new OD band, shift kit, and brand new torque converter <500 miles ago. Wouldn't shift out of first after the rebuild so pulled VB and found couple valves stuck, had to ream the bores and install an oversized 1-2 shift valve (i think) and then we got 1-2-3 but OD would slip out... it's a mess right now lol

Comment

Bleh. Might try posting up at ClickClickRacing, but I'm thinking (and I'm no AOD expert by any means) that your tranny is royally screwed. I think that's the technical term ....

Comment

To hell with it, I'm swapping in a T5 >

Comment

Working...
                            X