Marauder or LX Sport wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marauder or LX Sport wheels?

i was looking (more like drooling) at some lx sport wheels on ebay and then i also thought of marauder wheels. i know theres replica lx sport wheels, but does anyone make replica marauder wheels? if i do decide to go with marauder wheels i don't like the idea of my wallet getting raped lol

or

i like the marauder styled wheels because they have the ford racing centercap but the lx sport wheels can be had cheaper lol
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

I dont know if anyone makes replica Maraurder wheels, but if you get them through a wheel refurbisher you can get them cheap. I found some for $175 each, but they only had 1 in stock. This was through a wholesale account. If you know someone that works at a tire store taht might be able to get them id look into that. Remember that you will need a few hundred dollars in spacers to get those wheels to work properly.

Personally i like the LX sport wheels better ( i think they are about the nicest wheel made today), im a bigger fan of the machined aluminum as opposed to the chrome.
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

the 02 lx sport wheels are a direct fit
      marauder wheels r gonna need 1.25" hubcentric spacers to fit

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf
        im a bigger fan of the machined aluminum as opposed to the chrome.

Hell yes! A cold raw piece of metal just gives the image that I like. Chrome is more show than go.

Comment

02 lx sport wheels are not a direct fit, at least not the reproduction ones. Center caps hit the hubs on the front. I have some in the house. Saving for spacers and tires. They look kick ass sitting up there though on the car. Id go lx sport.
          1989 Grand Marquis LS
          flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Working...
          X