Tripminder and Harness for 89 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripminder and Harness for 89 Grand Marquis

I'm looking to buy a tripminder and harness for my 1989 Grand Marquis. I've been watching eBay but have seen nothing so far. Judging from prior posts it looks like this is a fairly straightforward plug-in. Is this correct? If not, what will I need to do to make it work?
    sigpic1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

As long as you have the harness it is a direct plug in. The 89 tripminder has a one year only harness. Which IIRC is only two plugs and is different from 83-88 which use a 4 plug harness, and is a royal PITA to install. As far as finding one someone on here may have a 89 specific harness if not you'll have to do some j/y searching. I believe the tripminders are the same and only the harness is different but im not 100% sure.
    2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

Thats the one were the plug ins are basicly under the dash pad?
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Yeah on the 83-88 theres 2 plugs under the dashpad the other two are down by the fuse panel under the steering column and u gotta tear the whole dash apart. The 89 is alot simpler
        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

Comment

The tripminders are the same. Harness is slightly different. With the 89, there's a plug in the shape of a rectangle. I think it's located up under the dash pad. It's kinda hard to get to, but besides that plug, you just plug it into your existing clock harness. Then you should have a working tripminder.

Comment

Think I have one. It pluged into the main wiring harness under the dash pad. Didnt have the connections under the steering colum area.

Comment

If you have one turbo2256b let me know how much you want for it. Thanks.

Comment

40.00 pluss shipping

Comment

Deal. You will be shipping to zip code 12022. I can pay using PayPal if that works for you. Let me know if a P.O. Box is okay or if you will need a street address and I will PM you. Thanks.

Comment

Found it will post a pic later tonight or in the morning just to be shure its the right one.

Comment

picsClick image for larger version

Name:	TRIP MINDER S 002.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1268136Click image for larger version

Name:	TRIP MINDER S 001.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1268135

Comment

I'm not really sure since I haven't had the dash apart. All I can say is my car is an '89 (made late in '88, I think). I'm willing to risk it at the price you offered and, if it isn't right, just pass it on to the next guy.

Comment

That looks right to me if it wasnt there would be two more plugs and about 4 more feet of wiring. I sent a PM to someone who will know for sure hopefully he will respond soon.

Comment

Yup 89 harness belive me i know lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Working...
                            X