Code reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code reset

Got a 2000 grand matquis and I don't have the code to unlock thd car . How do I reset it plz help

In the trunk, on the hinge, the 5 digit number from the factory should be affixed. Once you have the factory code you can enter it, press 1-2 and the car should lock and unlock, then you can set your own 5 digit code
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

If you can't find it anywhere in the trunk it may be in the driver's door (on the Remote Entry Module) or the Main Car's Computer (ECM). As stated above look at the easiest places to get to first!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

What do I do when I get the code how do I reset it

Comment

Unless the original code was changed there is nothing to reset! Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

If you can't find the original code anywhere, you may need to visit the dealer to have it reprogrammed. I think all that is done through the OBD2 port these days.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X