Air Cleaner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Cleaner.

Looking to buy a perfect shape badass air cleaner that would fit on top of my VV carb...the chrome pepboys special one is getting old, and my homemade base for it should be replaced with something a bit more professional. Anyone out there got anything interesting?
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

The Old School Caddy Air Cleaners are sweet
    Attached Files

Comment

pepboys got a new spectre dual snorkel one i saw today which looked pretty badass

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/SPT7229.htm

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Caddy one is crazy look. I don't really like the snorkel air cleaners. just personal preference. my stock one would polish up really nicely if i wanted
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

The "caddy" one reminds me of the ones (bat wing) that used to be on the old Buicks (circa 1950's). I had a 1956 Olds Holiday Super 88 which is why I thought of it. Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Stock dual snorkel style.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I like the dual snorkels... and SFX is about an hour and some drive from me and the place I got the log lugs for the repro turbines on the Mark. They have pretty good prices on the stuff I've looked at.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I've been eying, on and off, the filter-surround thingies at www.RamAirBox.com. They have some single-snorkel arrangements that should be plenty good (considering that SEFI cars almost always make do with a single inlet) and aren't as flashy as the Spectre versions. I spent a day or two recently pondering how to make my own little snorkley surround for 14x3 aircleaners, since I think the RamAirBox boxes are just fiberglass and I'm pretty sure their lids and bases are functionally identical to the parts I already have.
                Last edited by 1987cp; 12-16-2011, 01:32 AM.
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                X