EATC Does Not Enter "Self Test" Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EATC Does Not Enter "Self Test" Mode

Not a "big issue" (at this point) but just for "grins" I followed factory instructions (on my '95 GM) and tried to get into "test mode". Screen stay blank and never enters "test mode". Thoughts???

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

dead... replace EATC brain.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Try and find one! All the other functions work (except Heat as I have a leaky core but in South Florida I don't feel the need to rip the dash apart to replace). Perhaps the circuity/program that does the Self Test is bad only? Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

yeah... they're pricey as hell if you can't find one in a yard. And yes, that's probably why it's dead... just like the A9P ECM I have sitting here. No diag, but will run the car.

If all the functions work as is... leave it alone. If it ain't broke don't fix it. and if the core is leaking, bypass it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Core is bypassed and unless I can find a working EATC (got one from EBAY that needs to be returned - missing lights and no A/C function - after they told me they "tested" it!) I am going to leave it. I replaced the bad lights so now at least it all lights up!

Comment

Working...
          X