Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you seen anyone running an Edelbrock Carb intake???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you seen anyone running an Edelbrock Carb intake???

I am looking at the Edelbrock intake with the electronics to run a carb. I could then install an enrichment tank in the engine compartment with a pump and install a nitrous plate. I think I could get into the 13s that way.

ive heard that the airgap intake is a nice intake also offenhauser and a parker-web funnel too
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
      ive heard that the airgap intake is a nice intake also offenhauser and a parker-web funnel too
      I am talking specific to the 4.6 Mod motors...

Comment

your wanting to run a carb but run the ECM too or are you wanting to use a NOS plate between the manifold and the elbow.
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

NPI block, PI heads are the ticket, too.
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
            PI heads are the ticket, too.
            Depends on wether the heads are to be ported or not. Ported the NPI heads flow better.

Comment

A few guys on CVN are.
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b View Post
                your wanting to run a carb but run the ECM too or are you wanting to use a NOS plate between the manifold and the elbow.
                No elbow. Run a Carb using the Edelbrock electronics for the ignition. I already have an Edelbrock Performer RPM Nitrous Plate system which goes in between the carb and intake. Performer RPM is the name of the system and has nothing to do with what intake you run it on.

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                  A few guys on CVN are.
                  Running 4V carbs on Mod Motors???

Comment

Think you need to explane what your up to a little better as a Performer RPM is also an intake manifold. Anyone else a bit confused?

Comment

Think you need to explane what your up to a little better as a Performer RPM is also an intake manifold. Anyone else a bit confused?
                      Performer RPM is also a pair of cylinder heads.
                      Edelbrock has named its plate nitrous systems Performer, Performer RPM, Performer RPM II and Victor Jr. There is nothing to be confused with as Edelbrock has heads and intakes it uses the same names for. They are just names which suggest levels of performance.
                      In other words, you can (although you certainly don't have to) take a Performer RPM Nitrous plate system and bolt it on top of a Performer RPM intake which is sitting on a pair of Performer RPM heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                        Running 4V carbs on Mod Motors???
                        No, but that intake with an elbow on it.
                        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                          No, but that intake with an elbow on it.
                          I am asking about carbs...

Comment

My first thought is running a AODE or AOD

Comment

My first thought is running a AODE or AOD
                              I will keep the PCM in place for the shift maps... and even feed it the engine tach signal, etc.. It will have no idea that there is a carb in place..

Comment

Working...
                              X