81' kawasaki kz440 (project cafe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81' kawasaki kz440 (project cafe)

So I picked up another motorcycle lol. This one is much more complete than the GS was when I got it and the price was right, abosultly stinkin free lol. When my girlfriends sister moved into her new house this bike came with it I guess lol. One day they where talking about scrapping it and I got interested and they said I could just have it. I went to look at it one day and it was laying over a steep bank on its side in the weeds, who knows how long its been out there I dont care anyway. So I inspected it and everything appeared to be there and bone stock, I decided to take it.

I got it home and started tinkering, first things first I checked to see if it was locked up, hooked up and battery and it rolled over nice and free. Then I checked for spark, there was none. So I pulled out a new plug I had for the suzuki, still no spark. I took the coil off and rigged up a spare coil I have for the suzuki, boom nice blue hot spark success. I already know its gonna need the carbs rebuilt and new carb holders cause they are cracked and have to be causing a massive vacuum leak. But I decided to get out my little fuel bottle and pump some fuel into the bowls anyway and try to start it. So I pumped them full and the bowl gaskets start leaking like crazy (bah, fuck it. Im gonna try to start it anyway lol) Hit the start button, roll roll roll, nothing. I give it a good shot of starting fluid, hit the button fires right up, idles for about 10 sec and dies. Give it another shot, fires up again idles and dies. Im pleased my FREE motorcycle runs. So at this point I call it a day.

The plan for this thing is taking in the direction of a cafe racer. Im not doing any fancy wiring just getting it running good, exhaust, pods, a set of mx bars or clubmans not sure yet, a smaller seat and remove what I dont need.

The only pic I have of it right now, this is right after I lifted it off of its side in the weeds lol

More updates as I make progress with it. Enjoy

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
    Big plans

I wish I had your luck with free bikes, lol...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

SOLD!!! $200 lol

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
      Big plans

Comment

Working...
      X