Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Steering Hoses for 302/351 in Aero/Whale??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Steering Hoses for 302/351 in Aero/Whale??

According to the info listed on the old P71Interceptor info pages, there is no factory hose for going from an old style pump to the newer gear boxes on the pressure side. Any info on adapters, etc????

The only previous thread I could find is where someone brazed parts of 2 lines together. I am trying to find the correct AN or other conversion fitting to screw into the late model steering box.
    Last edited by Mercracer; 01-05-2012, 03:03 PM.

mine uses double flares and a union to splice the lines together. I'd love it if someone was able to figure out what the heck the fitting is on the late style boxes. Its nothing anyone I've ever talked to seems to recognize. Old ones are a double flare, which is cake. The new ones are something else entirely.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

you could not go to a hydrolic shop and get the hose made? the shop we use for custom hoses, makes all kinds.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

On my coupe, Scott had made a line to go from the later model steering box to the older pump. I think he flared the lines, and used unions. It worked well, but when I went back through the car, I wanted something more high tech.

I bought AN/o-ring fittings for the steering box, and made my own AN fitting for the pump. I threaded an NPT to AN adapter into the large reservoir fitting, and then TIG welded it up. Then I just had AN lines made, with 90 degree ends, properly indexed. It came out fantastic, and has never leaked.
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

when I installed the late model steering box in my 89 CV LX, I took the PS hoses with fittings from 98-2000 donor car and the stock PS pressure hose to my local Napa machine shop, he use the fittings and made the correct hose. this was back in 2006, hose is still on the car and working, as far as I know.
          2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
          89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
          88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
            you could not go to a hydrolic shop and get the hose made? the shop we use for custom hoses, makes all kinds.
            Thats the thing. Nobody seems to recognize what the fitting is on the box. If I could get that part, the rest is a piece of cake.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

go to a junk yard and get your own fitting?
              2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
              89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
              88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

I'd rather have a new one to have assembled into a custom one-piece hose with no adapters. Basically it would look like a stock line, but with the later type fitting on it. I have little desire for things to look non-stock. It just attracts attention.

Comment

Originally posted by 88grandmarq View Post
                  go to a junk yard and get your own fitting?
                  I'm betting junkyard parts where he's from suck balls.
                  1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

i flare two lines together with a union cause i cant find a source of new fittings with the crimp end for the whale steering boxes

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                    X