• Show
Clear All

84merc951s other car

Click image for larger version

Name:	m8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	1298668

sorry im a fan of all muscle. this is an old pic of my 1968 plymouth fury 383 big block. factory a/c and 4 speed with a sure grip 3.73 rear end.

Click image for larger version

Name:	m20.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	1298669
    old one of the engine before the rebuild
    Last edited by 84merc951; 02-11-2012, 09:44 PM.
    1984 mercury grand marquis ls rebuilt 306 flat top pistons with factory cfi and lincoln headers with single glasspack dual snorkle air cleaner. Gloss black paint with slick top coversion.
    1986 mercury grand marquis colony park 5.0 sefi dual exhuast thrush turbos with h pipe and turbines

those where the full moons i had but are long gone now. i put a set of used mags on a few years ago. ill try and find some other photos
    1984 mercury grand marquis ls rebuilt 306 flat top pistons with factory cfi and lincoln headers with single glasspack dual snorkle air cleaner. Gloss black paint with slick top coversion.
    1986 mercury grand marquis colony park 5.0 sefi dual exhuast thrush turbos with h pipe and turbines

Comment

nice.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Seriously, mang, we don't care if you cheat on your Panther, you'll always come back home to it in the end...

I wonder where everybody gets the "OMG THEY'RE GONNA FLAME ME FOR OWNING A CHEVY/CHRYSLER/TOYOTA!" idea, other forums must be absolute dickheads about other makes/models or something.
        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

nice, I like Mopar power. Something about the sound of a Chrysler big block is distinct and awesome.

As for owning something from "the other guys", my daily driver is a Chevy. I have towed the Chevy with the Lincoln, and I've towed Lincolns with my Chevy so as far as I'm concerned they're equals. Somehow people think its taboo to have both a Ford product and a GM product at the same time. As far as I'm concerned, those people can go shit in their hat.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            nice, I like Mopar power. Something about the sound of a Chrysler big block is distinct and awesome.

As for owning something from "the other guys", my daily driver is a Chevy. I have towed the Chevy with the Lincoln, and I've towed Lincolns with my Chevy so as far as I'm concerned they're equals. Somehow people think its taboo to have both a Ford product and a GM product at the same time. As far as I'm concerned, those people can go shit in their hat.
            i agree, mopar engines have a very tasty exhaust note. ford engines do too.

and as far as having ford/GM being taboo, i guess my brother will get hit by an act of god. he has a lincoln and a trans am lol. typical GM diehards.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I'm on a Ford site and daily drive a Buick. It doesn't change the fact that I love and will own another Panther soon enough.
              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
              Past Panthers
              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

thanks for the replys. i took it to a car show here in town but didnt win. and yes the chrysler big blocks sound great. i have hooker headers and 3 inch duals with an x pipe. Another thing that i like about chryslers are it has torsion bars on the front and leafs in the back. and yes i love my dd panther.

Comment

Nice wheels mang!
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

The boat my granddad had that I remember had a 383 Chrysler in it with a Mallory dual breaker point distributor and I think a Carter AFB. It had single through-hull exhaust, but boats have rather minimalistic mufflers. That thing had a sweet sound to it. I remember the handful of times he really laid into it and snapped the 4bbl open, and the tremendous roar it made. Boat was slow as hell being basically a trawler but it was the fastest sounding 15 mph you'd ever hear.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      The boat my granddad had that I remember had a 383 Chrysler in it with a Mallory dual breaker point distributor and I think a Carter AFB. It had single through-hull exhaust, but boats have rather minimalistic mufflers. That thing had a sweet sound to it. I remember the handful of times he really laid into it and snapped the 4bbl open, and the tremendous roar it made. Boat was slow as hell being basically a trawler but it was the fastest sounding 15 mph you'd ever hear.
                      we have a woody chris at work, with the same engine/set up. with full copper single exhaust, it really is music. oh, did i mention? that damn boat, after sitting for 3 years, fired right up. and no carb adjustments were needed. purrs like a freakin kitten. them old mopar engines are something else. another customer has an origonal cedar strip shepard. power consists comes from an imperial V8. sounds sweet too.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

yes mopar bb sound awesome. very high reving for big blocks also. i also drove the crap out of the original 383 before the rebuild and she was solid as a rock till i floated the valves racing a monarch with a 347. we raced a 1/2 mile. i beat him off the line but he passed me and beat me at the 1/4 mile but i cought up just before the 1/2 mile and passed him. very dangerous and way to much speed. learned my lesson quick to not go over 110 in a car thats over 40 years old with stock suspension and brakes.

Comment

Working...
                        X