Looking to borrow / rent a car hauler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to borrow / rent a car hauler

I'm in need of a way to transport my Vic. If anyone near Chicago land has one they'd be willing to let me use for a weekend I'd be forever grateful. I'd even be willing to pay if the price is reasonable. I realize uhaul and such places have them but rental for one is ridiculous and I refuse to pay that much.

please call or PM me. 708-259-4677

Heretic@wigala.org

Thank you for your time!
    Jason
    sigpic
    https://www.facebook.com/jason.baker.1614
    1985 P43 Crown Vic, "Lightning Interceptor". Project is back on!
    1987 P72 Crown Vic, EFI 351W (not my conversion), rusty and crusty parts car.
    2006 Ford Fusion, 30MPG, premium sound, daily driver, 200K miles and still going.
    2011 Ford Fucus, 36MPG, Sync, wifey / baby mobile.

i dont know how much it would be,but we do have a car hualer,and a nice v-10 powered van that we could transport the vic with.
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

getting the car down to scotts?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I've got a car that could stand to go to Scott's ...
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I have a complete Reese tow bar setup if you're interested, lightly used. Tow bar, chains, magnetic lights, receiver+ball, etc. Not having to use a trailer or tow dolly might bring the weight down enough to expand your tow vehicle options considerably.

Comment

Yes, this is for towing the car to scotts. How safe are those Reese bars for long distances? I assume those keep all four wheels on the ground of the vehicle being towed? On the Vic it's not too bad as I can easily remove the driveshaft. I just want to make sure it's safe for the haul lol, this is my baby we're talking about
            sigpic
            https://www.facebook.com/jason.baker.1614
            1985 P43 Crown Vic, "Lightning Interceptor". Project is back on!
            1987 P72 Crown Vic, EFI 351W (not my conversion), rusty and crusty parts car.
            2006 Ford Fusion, 30MPG, premium sound, daily driver, 200K miles and still going.
            2011 Ford Fucus, 36MPG, Sync, wifey / baby mobile.

Comment

I towed my Fusion from here to upstate NY up and down mountains and even off road (Adirondack National Park). No worries aside from a safety pin that came loose. It is made of box stock unlike the cheaper u-section one from Harbor Freight. Tracks a lot better than a tow dolley, and a lot less weight and sway than a typical 2-axle trailer. I put in stainless HD u-bolts for the safety chains as well.

All bolts get the torque wrench and paint for quick inspection at stops. You will need to pull the shaft or install a lube pump for your trans (auto I assume?).

I have some pics the install here:

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/20962/74109

Comment

I know Gabe tows his Geo all over the place with one of those things. Last I talked to him, we worked out that it probably had close to 20k miles "on the hook".
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, he was telling me about the amusement of the tires wearing whilst driving something else.
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

i have a tow dolly but that dont do you much good being out there lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                    X