LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED

I was wondering if there is a Blacklight LED out there? I need some blacklights for my interior. If they don't make them I guess it is to the neon tube.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

I doubt they do. I think the closest to that currently is the blue LED. Pete might know tho. LEDs are kinda directional too, so depending what you're doing you might just be better off with a neon or flourescenet tube for the blacklight, since they aren't nearly as directional.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yep, they make UV Leds. I wouldn't use them if I were you though. UV leds are extremely bright, and the UV can actually cause blindness and other nasty things to your eyes if you look at them, it would be advisable to get tubes instead.
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Ok I will probably just get the tubes then. All I want them for is under the dash and under the seats. Thanks.
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Ive often wondered that about that... you can get UV LEDs off ebay, and they make white objects glow just like the flourescent type ones...
          What I want to know is if this is the same UV light as the blacklights you can buy an spencers, are they bad for your eyes too??? Theres gotta be some difference.
          The LED UV light is definitly fiercely directional, we have a UV LED flashlight at work.
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
          X