Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well all new long term project for me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well all new long term project for me....

Just picked this up...
    Its a 460 with a C6, Has 50k on it...
    This is going to be long term i am going to build motor first and when its done we will stuff it in...
    I know there will be some fab work, but i dont care, My car is not a daily driver plus it doesnt see rain or snow anymore..

Click image for larger version

Name:	460a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	1298699Click image for larger version

Name:	460b.jpg
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1298700Click image for larger version

Name:	460c.jpg
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	1298701

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
    Ram AIR,NGK V-Power Plugs, K&N, 3.73 posi, sct tuner, J-Mod, 75 mm Throttle Body & Plenium, 80 mm maf, Mercury Marauder Airbox, Homemade air tube, BBK Shorty's, X-pipe, High Flow cats, 2.5 inch exhaust, dynotune by HUTTER PERFORMANCE 236RWHP / 277TQ

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY AND IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER, TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT, SHOUTING “HOLY SHIT....WHAT A RIDE!"

Going in the mercury?

How will you adapt the computer to work. As far as I am aware you pull into inspection stations and they plug their scanner tool into the obd port to.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yes the Mercury
      No computer, going to pull it all out, and it will in time be all sold motor, trans, wiring harness, computer, tune and the tuner

Ram AIR,NGK V-Power Plugs, K&N, 3.73 posi, sct tuner, J-Mod, 75 mm Throttle Body & Plenium, 80 mm maf, Mercury Marauder Airbox, Homemade air tube, BBK Shorty's, X-pipe, High Flow cats, 2.5 inch exhaust, dynotune by HUTTER PERFORMANCE 236RWHP / 277TQ

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY AND IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER, TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT, SHOUTING “HOLY SHIT....WHAT A RIDE!"

Comment

After i'm done with all i should have all my receipts in order..so then i will be able to get collector tags no inspection needed then...

Comment

Sounds like a blast!!

-ryan s.
          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
          Originally posted by pantera77
          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
            Sounds like a blast!!

-ryan s.

Thanks!!!
            When i really start the project i will make a thread, to keep everyone posted on project..

And most of all thank you for not bashing me...Like some web pages do...not saying names..

Comment

Any info out there or direction please by no means let me know....

Comment

Now that you mention it....
                460s are totally lame. You're supposed to do 5.4 swap. I mean who would ever want a 7.5L V8?
                Lolz.
                It does sound fantastic. And it will sound fantastic!
                That's why I love modding cars. There is no correct way to do it.
                Hot rodding; putting the biggest motor you can find and shoehorning it into your engine bay.
                And we, as Panther owners, have been blessed with large engine bays.
                I don't know how tall the 460s are, but the only problem I see with the height is the wiper cowl and firewall. I'm sure it can fit (they did invent the Sawzall), I'm just not sure what the end product would look. I mean, with the firewall/wiper cowl.
                And that's if it is even a problem in the first place.
                Good luck!

-ryan s.
                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                Originally posted by pantera77
                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                  Now that you mention it....
                  460s are totally lame. You're supposed to do 5.4 swap. I mean who would ever want a 7.5L V8?
                  Lolz.
                  It does sound fantastic. And it will sound fantastic!
                  That's why I love modding cars. There is no correct way to do it.
                  Hot rodding; putting the biggest motor you can find and shoehorning it into your engine bay.
                  And we, as Panther owners, have been blessed with large engine bays.
                  I don't know how tall the 460s are, but the only problem I see with the height is the wiper cowl and firewall. I'm sure it can fit (they did invent the Sawzall), I'm just not sure what the end product would look. I mean, with the firewall/wiper cowl.
                  And that's if it is even a problem in the first place.
                  Good luck!

-ryan s.
                  wipers are over rated..lol
                  I dont pull this car out in the rain because the 3.73's don't like the wet roads...
                  height is the same, but i don't care about that since this year i'm putting a Boss 429 scoop on.
                  width is the same or with in 1/2" the 460 is just a couple inches longer..
                  And i already took the ac out so that out of the way but the ugly box on firewall...

Comment

This is gonna be sweet. What did the 460 come out of?
                    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                    Past Panthers
                    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Rather have a 460 than a 4.6 anyway. It has the proper number of camshafts and distributors
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        Rather have a 460 than a 4.6 anyway. It has the proper number of camshafts and distributors
                        AMEN! lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

The engine originally came from a 1978 van.
                          it was then put in a 47 lincoln..
                          The egine only has 50k on it.
                          But I'm going to do it right and tear it down
                          build it up right...More power...

Comment

Will it remain a 460? Or might that number gonna go north of 500?

sigpic
                            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Dont know yet we will see..Have to tear it down...
                              I got a couple spec's of builds i may do...

Comment

Working...
                              X