C&L Plenum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C&L Plenum

Has anyone ever used these? I am thinking about one for my '04 PI GM. Stock single exhaust, AEM dryflow, and shortly a 180 stat. Not trying to set the world on fire, but I wouldn't mind a small power boost. I understand peak HP and everything else, but what I am interested in is torque and HP where you use it real world- 2500-3500 RPM, 1/2 to 8/10 throttle, merging, etc. Pretty much going to do a sway bar and maybe one performance mod. Any thoughts? Does it fit well? Any install issues?
    2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
    185 degree stat. 21mm rear swaybar with moog end links, Moog progressive rear springs.
    JLT intake, B&M transmission pan, 2.25 inch duals, magnaflows, Powerstop drilled/slotted front rotors and ceramic pads. Kenwood Excelon deck, Kenwood 6x8 3-ways all the way around.

I think your money will be better spent upgrading to Dual exhaust. then a Marauder air box/MAF and an SCT tune.

Chris at www.adtr.net has ported factory plenums that are less expensive and fit better than the C&L units.
    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Yeah, I am thinking about the duals. I was just thinking about the plenum as a quick and easy mod. Do the ported ones work as well as the new castings I tried his site and it's all jacked up. You can't look at products or order right now.
      185 degree stat. 21mm rear swaybar with moog end links, Moog progressive rear springs.
      JLT intake, B&M transmission pan, 2.25 inch duals, magnaflows, Powerstop drilled/slotted front rotors and ceramic pads. Kenwood Excelon deck, Kenwood 6x8 3-ways all the way around.

Comment

yeah, there appears to be a problem with the site. I emailed chris about it.
        2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
        89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
        88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

the C&L is definately better than the ported stocker. no doubt about it!(for power, why else would you change it?)

Comment

I saw Summit has trick flow plenums for a decent price too....I am one of those miserable bastards who war games everything 1,000 times before doing it.

Comment

Working...
            X