85 vic dash speaker size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 vic dash speaker size

I was wondering what the size of the speakers under the dash pad in my car its an 1985 ltd crown victoria thanks

I think they are 3 1/2 or 4 inch, pretty small. You can fit larger speakers in your doors fairly easily if you wanted to upgrade.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

4", but its an odd triangular bolt patter. I've seen steel adapter plates to fit a 3.5" into the spot, and screw into the stock locations. Don't know who sells them. I made mine out of a Tupperware lid. Depth is usually a problem. There is ductwork and crap under there, so watch that.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i put in door speakers and it sounds good i just want to have the whole package and four inch will bolt right in?

Comment

they're 5" speakers in the dash. there are adapters (crutchfield ftw) to fit standard 4" speakers in.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1122.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	1268709
            Pioneer 4" from cructhfield, comes with free adapters and speaker harness, plus free shipping can't beat it
            WARNING: Above advise is based on actual experience or just plain common sense. In the event said advise is determined to be incorrect you are entitled to a full refund of exactly what you paid for it.lol
            85 LTD Crown Vic Coupe 302 CFI Dual Exhaust No Cats Thrush Welds
            pwr windows, locks, seat, antenna
            cruise, tilt, white on white, maroon interior

Comment

Working...
            X