Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 Grand Marquis Players Edition HELP?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 Grand Marquis Players Edition HELP?!

My Grandmother has a 2006 Grand Marquis Players Edition and she started having trouble with the A/C and i was wondering if anyone here could possibly narrow my search for the cause down.

The Symptoms: A/C suddenly started fluctuating between blowing hot air and cold air and since then has blown hot air constantly. then the other day she said she was driving down the the road and all of her electrics went off in the car for a second and reset everything in her car like the clock and things but did not stall the car out at all.

Thats all i know about the problem right now. If anyone knows whats going on id really appreciate it. She lives in Arizona and its about to start getting hot so we need to get this fixed for her quickly.

the everything off thing, is probably the ACC circuit breaker in the box under the hood doing it's job. This could indicate that it's the magnetic clutch shorting out on the compressor. Check the fuses and see if anything is blown. If the one to the AC Clutch is blown, the AC clutch may need to be replaced. (I think the compressor clutch is on an accessory line)

The blowing hot thing may be the compressor not turning, or it could be the broken blend door issue. Let's hope for now that isn't it. It requires taking the dash out to fix. But to find out, put the AC controls on VENT after the car is warmed up, and move the controls from the coldest setting to the hottest setting. If there is NO change, the door is broken or the actuator took a dump. If it does change back and forth a few times, the blend door is fine.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
    X