Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trick Flow Plenum install issue?

ALCON-
    Took a look at the install, plan to attempt this weekend. Looks like there are some electrics running to the plenum from the fuel pressure regulator, a red wire and maybe a black. I didn't look too much, but they are running to an input on the same side of the plenum as the PCV input. The Trickflow plenum does not have that particular input port. Anyone else encounter this? Is this a ground? How did you fix it?
    2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
    185 degree stat. 21mm rear swaybar with moog end links, Moog progressive rear springs.
    JLT intake, B&M transmission pan, 2.25 inch duals, magnaflows, Powerstop drilled/slotted front rotors and ceramic pads. Kenwood Excelon deck, Kenwood 6x8 3-ways all the way around.

Pics?

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Dammit....have to get them this evening
      185 degree stat. 21mm rear swaybar with moog end links, Moog progressive rear springs.
      JLT intake, B&M transmission pan, 2.25 inch duals, magnaflows, Powerstop drilled/slotted front rotors and ceramic pads. Kenwood Excelon deck, Kenwood 6x8 3-ways all the way around.

Comment

Well I didn't get to the plenum. Changed the coolant, the upper radiator hose and swapped a drilled 185 degree stat in there. I looked at the wires going to the plenum. The red and black wire are from something else, the hose from the fuel pressure regulator is a vaccuum line. I am assuming i can tee that into another vaccuum source. I just need to figure out what those dang wires are. Time permitting I am launching into that next weekend, although I got my Moog end-links in already and the brackets, bolts, nuts and sway bar already shipped. I am thinking if all that comes in I will just change the rear end oil and install the sway bar. Honestly the leaning, vague, disconnected, limp noodle feel of the rear end is the most annoying thing about the car. It feels especially weird after eight years of driving CVPIs on the job (well two years of that was LT1/9C1 Caprices).

Comment

Why did you put a non-stock T stat in there?
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

thats how I do it

Comment

Yep...everything for the sway bar came in today, so primary line of effort this weekend will be a rear end oil change and sway bar install. I am so happy to tie this suspension together and feel like I am driving a car not a couch I have to sit on my hands to keep from clapping!
              With any luck I will dive into the plenum also, but I am not counting on it.

Comment

Originally posted by mpco239 View Post
                thats how I do it
                Great reason.
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Thanks man. I just dont want to get into a debate about the pros and cons of colder thermostats. I have been down that road and am convinced slightly colder stats are good.

Comment

Well the mighty sway bar went on in about 30 minutes, so I might get to the plenum tomorrow night after all! BTW- This car actually corners FLAT now. How awesome, didn't need stiffer shocks or springs or anything.....I was thinking HD shocks and P71 springs. Now I think I will stay with the cushy stuff when I go to swap it out (eventually).
                    Last edited by mpco239; 03-16-2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X