No heat-ATC Sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No heat-ATC Sensor?

I attempted to use the heat recently. The hottest air (Using Vent) that comes out is lukewarm. It becomes even colder when i switch it to panel, or mix, ect. I checked my EVTM to see what to do. The cable that goes up to the automatic climate sensor is fine, all the lines are good. I tried something and pulled the vacuum line from the ATC sensor to the blend door and got full heat. I plugged the end with a screw so there would be no leaks and it just heats for now. So, am i correct in thinking the sensor is shot?

1986 Grand Marquis LS - coupe [/url] http://photos.yahoo.com/leo76830
    sigpic
    1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
    Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

You did the only test. ATC sensor is shot. Motorcraft YH-409 will get you going again. Did this last week on my car. The part is like $45.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I did the same thing and have been happy with heat but the full blast only thing is gett kinda old... is $45 bux worth being able to controll the temperature the right way... hmmmm

any one else sell this sensor?
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I checked out that Team Ford Parts website thread in the "Looking to Sell" forum and found the part available for $27.45, versus the list $46.13. Sounds good to me because I had the heat on a bit today and with the blower on low the car got to around 85 degrees, with vent windows open. This will be the cars 3rd sensor.

1986 Grand Marquis LS - coupe [/url] http://photos.yahoo.com/leo76830
        sigpic
        1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
        Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Yeah, the one I pulled had a 1997 date so obviously its been replaced at least once in the past. When I took the air blower hose off mine, it was packed full of leaves and other junk, so I suspect maybe it got a piece of something stuck in there to make it fail. You guys might want to take a vacuum cleaner and make sure that air blower line is nice and clear before you install a new one. It also won't work right without proper airflow.

Pete: I got mine at the dealership. They still make these, mine had a 2005 manufacture date printed on it. I'm sure someone else sells it tho, I was just too lazy to hunt one down.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X