91 MGM MAF Expansion/overflow tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 MGM MAF Expansion/overflow tank

I need the expansion/radiator overflow tank for the 91 MAF version Grand Marquis. I say MAF because my MGM is from CA, and here in AZ I have not been able to find a single tank on all the SD cars. The tank is solely for radiator fluid, and does NOT look like a box and share the windshield wiper fluid (seen about 9000 of those). Its thin, long and bolts up against the radiator. It has a small nipple at the bottom from which the radiator hose connects to which has long since snapped. I will get pictures up soon of what I'm talking about if you are clueless to what I mean.

PM me for prices.

~Stealth
    1991 Grand Marquis LS blog- Mayhem; two 12" Kenwood 800w subs, True dual catback, BBK shorties, cherrybombs, steel top, L/H hella lights, 18" AR Torq thrust, Trans cooler, class 3 hitch kit, more on the way...

Originally posted by Stealthlead View Post
    I need the expansion/radiator overflow tank for the 91 MAF version Grand Marquis. I say MAF because my MGM is from CA, and here in AZ I have not been able to find a single tank on all the SD cars. The tank is solely for radiator fluid, and does NOT look like a box and share the windshield wiper fluid (seen about 9000 of those). Its thin, long and bolts up against the radiator. It has a small nipple at the bottom from which the radiator hose connects to which has long since snapped. I will get pictures up soon of what I'm talking about if you are clueless to what I mean.

PM me for prices.

~Stealth
    Try looking for the 1990 TownCar, it has the same overflow bottle you're looking for. They're more common than the California MAF Box Panthers. I have one in my car.

Comment

Thanks for the input, but I've been there, done that and nearly gotten first degree sunburns checking every ****ing towncar in the junkyard. For whatever reason these are a rare find in AZ
      1991 Grand Marquis LS blog- Mayhem; two 12" Kenwood 800w subs, True dual catback, BBK shorties, cherrybombs, steel top, L/H hella lights, 18" AR Torq thrust, Trans cooler, class 3 hitch kit, more on the way...

Comment

Get an overflow bottle from Mustangs Unlimited for a fox-body mustang...mine cost like 40 some odd bucks with a cap and all...one of the lower tabs required slight trimming but it fits great.

Good luck,
        Don
        '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

The '90 Towncar shroud/overflow tank really is the best option if your going for a clean look.

Send mcninetyone a PM, he's our resident junkyard parts finder guy here, and he should be able to find you one no problem. He found my '90 TC manifolds in only 5 days after I had requested them.

Comment

Working...
          X