'94 CV Not shifting/slow shifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'94 CV Not shifting/slow shifts

G'day all, I'm just wondering about common causes of slow/no shift with these trasmissions. I was just given a fairly clean '94(hopefully picking it up on the weekend) 2 things i noticed today while looking at it... It has a dead spot just off idle then revs nice, and feels smooth. Now the thing that makes me go "hmm..." It looks as though someone has recently thrown together a pushbutton start(VERY recently) as it isn't starting in park or neutral. This and the clean trans fluid makes me think its the MLPS.

Anyone got any ideas? I will post more once its home and I can play of course but for now all I have is one person's word on how it acts, and its not even the owner's, just a mutual friend.
    1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
    1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
    1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
    1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

How many km's/miles? Bad torque-converter perhaps? The '92 CV I have always shifted hard into 2nd gear and had no over-drive...It wouldn't go faster than about 90km/per hour
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

probably looking at a trans rebuild in your near future (upwards of $2k or more). And the EGR channels are probably caked with crap.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
        probably looking at a trans rebuild in your near future (upwards of $2k or more)...
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

It has 338,971km on it. When I pull it into gear it goes in nice and moves but I didn't make it a point to check if it was starting out in 1st or second gear or anything, the dead spot in the throttle made it seem pointless. I'm not wanting to hear that it needs a rebuild but it wouldn't shock me either. One thing I was told was that it was given to her and she hasn't put any money into it so friends of mine doubt that she had it flushed, any work would have been done by the owner before her.

I'll post back any findings once its home and I get a bit of time under it. I will ask about the push button and see if it quit starting with the key around the same time as well.

Comment

Still Waiting to hear from the owner to make a time to pick this thing up... Nobody has been able to get ahold of her since the day I looked at it.

Comment

fun

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
              X