Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1298746Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	1298747

So bought the above part, to mount right under the climate contol.

I dont have a digital dash....I believe those buttons on the message board, display on a digital dash?

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

yep. They just screw in place. No mods to the dashboard needed. Problem is, I do not believe they will clear with the analog cluster in there. I seem to recall trying it once, and it hit the corner of the speedometer or something. Any particular reason you're fitting the keyboard into a non-digital dash car ? Adding Message Center functions to an analog dash Lincoln would be a lot of work. I looked at adding just the message center to the analog cluster, and it would require mods to the cluster assembly beyond my abilities. Wiring it could be done, but it feeds to this massive brick above the gas pedal and theres a bundle of wiring like you wouldn't believe associated with it all.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

thanks for the detailed reponse.....
      I just bought the car...saw some bezels missing....just assumed this was a part for the car.
      Lesson learned from going part crazy

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Ah, yeah if you just need the bezel for the non-digital car, it simply pops in place.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

When you find the bezel make sure that it is for the same year as your car. The finish of the dash trim varies. My 89 has a shiny finish, one of my spares from a 88 or 87 has a dull finish.

Comment

Working...
          X