the AOD of suckage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the AOD of suckage

The craptasmic AOD in my Mark VII. This is primarily why I want to put a T5 in it eventually.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

have alan over at dirty dog build you a new one i garuntee it will be better, also the direct drive in the aod sucks too
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

how much can one buy a stocker aod from dirty dog
      1984 mercury grand marquis ls rebuilt 306 flat top pistons with factory cfi and lincoln headers with single glasspack dual snorkle air cleaner. Gloss black paint with slick top coversion.
      1986 mercury grand marquis colony park 5.0 sefi dual exhuast thrush turbos with h pipe and turbines

Comment

Originally posted by 84merc951 View Post
        how much can one buy a stocker aod from dirty dog
        i cant quote pricing off the bat, but ill ask him and see what he says, he does however preffer that he installs the trans in house, due to not wanting to be married to it if it is installed wrong, or set up improperly by customer. without it being installed in the shop, it does not have a warrenty. either way driving/shipping car and or trans is an expensive affair from cali.
        Last edited by zoomie; 03-18-2012, 03:58 PM.

Comment

thain you can also buy my trans from me once i put the new one in, it will be freshend up and also have a 2 inch od band in it,and probably a hardend input shaft while im at it, it will be better than stock when i rebuild it.

Comment

an AOD of any sort is not a manual transmission. I know someone who fitted a T5 to a MarkVII and gets north of 30 mpg with it now. Thats what I want. I don't want a non-lockup AOD thats going to make a lot of heat and waste fuel.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              an AOD of any sort is not a manual transmission. I know someone who fitted a T5 to a MarkVII and gets north of 30 mpg with it now. Thats what I want. I don't want a non-lockup AOD thats going to make a lot of heat and waste fuel.
              no lockup in an AOD its direct drive, you want gas mielage drop a 6 speed in it lol

Comment

8-speed FTW

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

SN95 T5 is way cheaper and way more available than a 6 speed. More suitable for a stock HO with a 3.27 rear too. No, I'm not changing the gearing or messing with the engine. It runs too damn good as it is, and its got way too many miles on it for me to want to tinker with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X