kinda retro but cool stereo setup-free too! DUW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kinda retro but cool stereo setup-free too! DUW

since i sold my cd deck to a friend, rather than throw a stock deck in i decided to locate some stuff i had floating around(hence the free designation )

the deck is a Pioneer KEH-P1010

my front speakers are going to be Pioneer TS-162's

and here are the rears

the deck had come out of my merk many years ago lol. and for a tape deck it sounded really good. the front speakers had been in my jeep and those pounded. and for the rear speakers, i got those from a friend in exchange for an oil change a while back as he had just upgraded his rear speakers. i have heard them and they do sound good. not sure of the specs tho. total cost= $0

i'm just gonna use the stock wiring for now. when i upgrade then i'll rewire.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Its not hard to tell who works at wal-mart

Comment

Originally posted by Chachi
      Its not hard to tell who works at wal-mart
      lol

i got the deck on clearance for $15 bucks in 2k1, i don't know when any the speakers were purchased though the 6 1/2's were already in the jeep when i bought it and i have no clue when my friend bought those red ones

Comment

was speaking to johnnie earlier and he has his mp3 player hooked to the cd changer hookup on his deck. theres a special adapter that will convert it to a line it hookup with female rca cables. only prob is everything we found states except keh-p1010 which is the deck i have. i'm gonna try the cable anyway later in time and take it from there. i plan on getting a 40gb nomad anyway so who needs a cd changer

as long as i can setup a cover in the console to conceal the mp3 player, i dont have to worry about somebody stealing my stuff. if i was a stereo thief, damn right i'm gonna pass up a cassette player. its not worth the effort to bust into a car to steal a deck that plays obsolete media

Comment

Hmmm, just had a great thought.....how about not having a reciever at all??
          :evil:

Buy and amplifier and you can go strait from the MP3 to the amp! The Creative Zen Sleek is available up to 20gb and has FM radio as well....hmmmm

To be my own critique, not having an open and readily available volume knob (not a button, I want a knob so I can turn it down really fast if I need to.), would probobly be kind of anoying, not to mention the lack of support for other formats (CDs or cassets).

Comment

Cassettes? What are those?
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

i have boxes of tapes, and its all metal. plus a friend of mine who has just about every iron maiden song memorized still trades tapes with me

Comment

Crackly
                And
                Staticy
                Sound
                Especially
                Through
                The
                Exciting
                Songs

Comment

thats what the mp3 player would be for

Comment

The adaptor won't work if you don't have a cd changer (IP-bus) input. But you can still get a RF modulator wich will transmit through a radio signal

Comment

its funny because the deck has a cd changer input but all the sites we came across said "except the keh-p1010" is up with that lol

Comment

He has an IP bus plug, but still all the adapter descriptions say "except (what ever model his is)"

Comment

id give it a shot.. if you lived near buy id let you try my ip-bus to rca adaptor

Comment

I really wish I had cd changer controls on the JVC I have in the truck. I like it a lot better than the Kenwood in the Lincoln but no inputs means I can't buy a harness to run my mp3 player. I was given an old Archios Jukebox mp3 player. It once had a 15 gig drive, but I got it with no drive. Bought a 40 gig laptop drive for $40, so I now have a $40 40 gig mp3 player. It has a craptastic interface, but it works, and for the price I can't argue.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

you can still get a RF modulator wich will transmit through a radio signal

Comment

Working...
                              X