will this atf work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will this atf work

gonna change the fluid in the 86 colony park. has 160k and the trans feels pretty good but i think the tv needs adjustment. im gonna go get fluid tomorrow and wanted to know if this fluid is okay http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=819367_0_0_
    and how much will i need if i drain the pan and torque converter. thanks matt
    1984 mercury grand marquis ls rebuilt 306 flat top pistons with factory cfi and lincoln headers with single glasspack dual snorkle air cleaner. Gloss black paint with slick top coversion.
    1986 mercury grand marquis colony park 5.0 sefi dual exhuast thrush turbos with h pipe and turbines

Yes. 14 quarts is what it holds I think.
    1989 Grand Marquis LS
    flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Thats fine. I think its around 12.something that you need. Pick up 3 gallons and 2 quarts, return the quarts if you don't need them.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

They have it right!

12 is what you need.

I added a deep pan and an external cooler, and from a COMPLETELY empty transmission: new converter, rebuilt trans, not a bit of fluid anywhere, I was looking at 13 quarts, 14 because I spilled some.

I'd say 3 gallons (12 quarts) will definitely cover you. Even draining the converter you won't get every last drop. I did, and I added capacity, and I didn't quite need 14.

When I just dropped the pan, I think I had to add 7 quarts.

Comment

Working...
        X