wagon spring rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wagon spring rates

Lookin at the stickies, I could have a few different spring rates in my wagon. I have a factory air shock setup and coil springs... does that mean I have the 110 inch/pound springs?

And does anyone have any information on what the spring rate/uncompressed height is on the HD coils Advance sells?

Thanks
    '06 Ford Crown Victoria LX
    '03 Toyota MR2
    '99 Jeep Cherokee - 3.5" lift, 32s

I got rear cargo TRWs for a Crown Vic wagon (County Squire?), if I remember correctly they are about 12" high when uncompressed, which is like an inch shorter than the original softies my TC came with. They still ride higher though. As for the exact numbers - Advance have them in their computers, you have to go to a store and make the tech guy show them on the screen - I did that and picked up the heavies rated coils available, couldn't be happier with them. Takes about 10 minutes at most.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan D
      I got rear cargo TRWs for a Crown Vic wagon (County Squire?), if I remember correctly they are about 12" high when uncompressed, which is like an inch shorter than the original softies my TC came with. They still ride higher though. As for the exact numbers - Advance have them in their computers, you have to go to a store and make the tech guy show them on the screen - I did that and picked up the heavies rated coils available, couldn't be happier with them. Takes about 10 minutes at most.
      cool. what was the damage cost wise?
      '03 Toyota MR2

Comment

Bout 60 bucks from advance auto.

I run HD cargo coils for an 84 colony park wagon in my merk..

They boost it up VERY well.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
          Bout 60 bucks from advance auto.

I run HD cargo coils for an 84 colony park wagon in my merk..

They boost it up VERY well.
          Cool, I'll look into that next week. I'm in desparate need of some leveling in the rear.
          '03 Toyota MR2

Comment

Yeah, I think it was about $65 for the springs, and couple more bucks for the rubber insulators that sit between them and the frame (you'll need 2 of these).

Comment

Working...
            X