86 cp tv adjustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

86 cp tv adjustment?

the cp is shifting early i noticed that sense this is an 86 it doesnt have the bushing like others do. it has a plastic piece like chevys use that slides onto the tb instead of it being pushed or cliped in. is the adjustment procedure the same as the others or is this different. its shifting into od at about 35
    1984 mercury grand marquis ls rebuilt 306 flat top pistons with factory cfi and lincoln headers with single glasspack dual snorkle air cleaner. Gloss black paint with slick top coversion.
    1986 mercury grand marquis colony park 5.0 sefi dual exhuast thrush turbos with h pipe and turbines

The adjustment is at the bracket where the cable goes through. There is a small white tab on the cable that you flip up, and then you can adjust the cable.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

After the lock is released, open the throttle completely and then lock the tab back while holding it in the wide open position.
      PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT MUCH USE, BUT I STILL SMILE WHEN I SEE ONE TUMBLE DOWN THE STAIRS

Comment

my shift points now are
        1-2 17mph
        2-3 27mph
        3-4 37mph or 40mph. is this okay. she does have a k code 3.55 gear. what you guys think?
        1984 mercury grand marquis ls rebuilt 306 flat top pistons with factory cfi and lincoln headers with single glasspack dual snorkle air cleaner. Gloss black paint with slick top coversion.
        1986 mercury grand marquis colony park 5.0 sefi dual exhuast thrush turbos with h pipe and turbines

Comment

Sounds OK to me. If the motor isn't lugging going into overdrive, I'd let it be.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by way2old View Post
            After the lock is released, open the throttle completely and then lock the tab back while holding it in the wide open position.
            i adjusted it just by feel. should i try this method above and see what happens or leave it. seems like chevys are like this too. i did change the atf fluids and filter today also and it seems to be good but the shift points still seem a lil off to me but this is my wifes cp and has 3.55 gears so im not used to it because im used to my 84 gm with 3.08s. and gadjet it does seem to kinda lug into overdrive. the trans is definalty getting old and i think its been replaced at some point in time because it has a old tag held in place by bailing wire thats attached to the tail shaft. the old fluid didnt look to bad but had some cluch material at the bottom of the pan. i just dont want to f this trans up as you all know my 84 gm trans is not happy.

Comment

give it some more then. Making it full at WOT is usually safe enough. Can't get it higher than that, and more pressure is generally safer than less pressure.

Comment

Working...
              X