Newbie air ride help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie air ride help

i believe my 01 ls has the air ride as they all came factory right?.. i would like to know since the manual says to turn it off before lifting where is the switch ? if anyone has a picture it would be great !!!

also from what i understand the sensor is under the car above the axle correct ?
    01 grand marquis ls all stock for now

I have no pictures but the switch is in the trunk, I believe on the drivers side. It is a fairly large toggle switch, fairly easy to see.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
      I have no pictures but the switch is in the trunk, I believe on the drivers side. It is a fairly large toggle switch, fairly easy to see.
      hmm .. i do have a cutout over there .. only things i can locate on the driver side are a red button on top. "assume thats fuel shutoff" and a pull cable for the fuel door below that there is a cutout but nothing there

Comment

Not all of them had air suspension. If you look in past the rear wheel you should be able to see either a coil spring or the air spring.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I missed the basic question. DOH! Did they have air ride without dual exhaust?
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
            I missed the basic question. DOH! Did they have air ride without dual exhaust?
            idc if it has it or not .. just if it did have it i wanted to be aware lol .. ill have to check under it and see just havnt had time and was to exited when i bought it to check lmao..

it does have factory dual exhaust though less $$$ i got to spend although i am swapping out the mufflers for some magnaflows

Comment

Not sure on the 01's but on a '95 GM the Air Suspension switch is on the Passenger side of the trunk.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Get stainless mufflers to go with your stainless pipes. I am not 100% sure but usually duals were in a package with air suspension except for taxi and cop models. It is possible that the bags went and somebody went cheap and put in coils.

Jay
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

On the 98+ the air ride switch is black with white lettering on the drivers side in the trunk, right behind the right inertia switch. If the air ride switch isn't there, then you do not have air ride.
                  You can also look under the hood near the air box for the pump.

-ryan s.
                  08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                  97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                  94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                  73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                  12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                  Originally posted by pantera77
                  Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                    On the 98+ the air ride switch is black with white lettering on the drivers side in the trunk, right behind the right inertia switch. If the air ride switch isn't there, then you do not have air ride.
                    You can also look under the hood near the air box for the pump.

-ryan s.
                    no switch no pump .. to cold to get on the ground and look i cant see anything through the wheel well im guessing she doesn't have air ride

Comment

Correct, you probably don't have it.

-ryan s.
                      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                      Originally posted by pantera77
                      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
                      X