Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have a vic or marquis sport/handling car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have a vic or marquis sport/handling car?

Hi folks,

I am trying to find the correct front springs for the front of a later (up to 02) sport model. i have the following very short thread going.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-for-the-front

Since the site wants a vin to find the correct parts I am asking for help as I do not have a vin to use.

Would you consider sharing your vin with me? Or perhaps if you worry about that, you could use the site yourself and let me know the results? The problem with that is that the site will not provide you the actual long ford part number and I do not plan on using the site to buy as I hope to get a better deal from my local ford dealer so sharing the results from the site search with me with me might help some but the best thing would be for me to give my dealer a vin. Even if it is for a car that has gone to the great beyond or been sold.

I am just shooting from the hip here but really looking for input on the whole thing.

Thanks,
    Jay
    Last edited by jaywish; 05-01-2012, 10:17 AM.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

I thought the "Sport" springs were the same as the taxi/police springs?
    These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

There is one on Ebay right now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...item1c2678e7f5

2FAFP74W72X133359
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

That was a great idea, using EBAY. Unfortunately it did not work as I had hoped. It still gave me ten spring shoices. I believe I would need the spring codes from the door. They also ask about the color tag on the spring itself.

The code seems to be a one digit code either a letter or a number.

Jay
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Go to www.fordparts.com and enter the vehicle info and search suspension parts. It will give you various part numbers so just read until you find your vehicle.
          Go to page 3 after you get to the suspension and front springs.
          Last edited by way2old; 05-01-2012, 07:52 PM.
          PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT MUCH USE, BUT I STILL SMILE WHEN I SEE ONE TUMBLE DOWN THE STAIRS

Comment

I think I did that and found ten different front springs with different spring codes and spring tag colors.
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

The manf. date on my 03 Sport is 10/02, and the spring code is HHR- this is according to the door sticker. No color tag that I can see on the spring itself, but then again didn't pull the wheel to look just crawled under it.
              These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Hi Fordman,

That is what I am looking for. Thing is the 03 and up is different, you have the rack & pinion steering. I am retrofitting into an 89 using 98 to 02 parts. So I could fit springs from any sport up to 02. Though I think there is a better chance of getting springs closer to 02 then to 92.

Thank you,
                Jay
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Have you tried just looking up a Sport or HPP car on craigslist or a dealer website? Usually they have the VIN listed on the for sale add. Then you could "borrow" that VIN to look up the parts. Or find one for sale and look at it in person to see if you can find the spring tag color.

Comment

Yes someone suggested that I use ebay for a vin but that still gave me a choice of ten different front springs. I need the spring code which I guess is on the door panel and the color of the tag on the actual springs. I did not think of looking up one for sale and going to see it. I would have to tell them the truth, I dont't think I could get their hopes up for no reason, unless it was on a dealer lot, then I could go and scope it out.
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Well I guess you could go scope out the shopping mall parking lots.......I don't think any one would hurt you too bad if they caught you crawling under their car, lol.
                      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                      Past Panthers
                      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

In NY?? I think he may end up with more than just a spring code, lol...

Comment

Working...
                        X