JLT Intake + Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JLT Intake + Exhaust

Well, I installed a JLT intake and had an exhaust made today. Went to a local guy with a great rep and he did not disappoint, neither did the JLT. The Mighty Mercury now sounds like it has a pair and runs significant stronger. 2.25 inch duals with an H-pipe and magnaflows. I am quite stoked. I went with stock exits instead of Marauder style tips and I am glad I did...she looks stock but does not sounds stock at all when you romp on it...which is what I like! Great mods- fully recommended!
    2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
    185 degree stat. 21mm rear swaybar with moog end links, Moog progressive rear springs.
    JLT intake, B&M transmission pan, 2.25 inch duals, magnaflows, Powerstop drilled/slotted front rotors and ceramic pads. Kenwood Excelon deck, Kenwood 6x8 3-ways all the way around.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

dammit.....hard to do when not on a lift!
      185 degree stat. 21mm rear swaybar with moog end links, Moog progressive rear springs.
      JLT intake, B&M transmission pan, 2.25 inch duals, magnaflows, Powerstop drilled/slotted front rotors and ceramic pads. Kenwood Excelon deck, Kenwood 6x8 3-ways all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by mpco239 View Post
        Well, I installed a JLT intake and had an exhaust made today. Went to a local guy with a great rep and he did not disappoint, neither did the JLT. The Mighty Mercury now sounds like it has a pair and runs significant stronger. 2.25 inch duals with an H-pipe and magnaflows. I am quite stoked. I went with stock exits instead of Marauder style tips and I am glad I did...she looks stock but does not sounds stock at all when you romp on it...which is what I like! Great mods- fully recommended!
        I've got stock tips on my merc (just the turned down pipe) there 2.25" as well. Its not too loud just cruising around, but if you get on it it will let the world know its there between the exhaust and the cold air intake whistling.
        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

Originally posted by mpco239 View Post
          dammit.....hard to do when not on a lift!
          I was thinking more of the underhood shots and a rear bumper shot. Gotta see how it "looks".. not how everything is actually fit.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Roger that man, I will get it done this evening. Its a shame not to see the pipes though, ol boy did a great job!

Comment

I have a JLT intake for my Mustang, which I haven't installed yet; a little afraid of the required tuning, which will void my warranty.

They have a great product, though. I like the fact that alot of their intakes are pretty plain, and could pass for stock. Stock looks, and great functionality.
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

No tuning needed on the MGM- Mass air is nice!

Comment

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
                  I've got stock tips on my merc (just the turned down pipe) there 2.25" as well. Its not too loud just cruising around, but if you get on it it will let the world know its there between the exhaust and the cold air intake whistling.
                  create a video if you don't mine...did you go with headers?

Comment

I know it's an old thread but Who did the work? I live in Springfield and Have a 2000 Grand Marquis. looking for duals.

Comment

i want to see pics of this monster post up! we love pics
                      89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by nitrogrand View Post
                        I know it's an old thread but Who did the work? I live in Springfield and Have a 2000 Grand Marquis. looking for duals.
                        Roberts in Stafford. It ran a little under $600 out the door including the h pipe

Comment

Thats not bad. Thank you for the reply.

Comment

Working...
                          X