need ideas for a custom center console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need ideas for a custom center console

since i'll have time during the winter i wanna do a custom console for Grey October. i want gauges, and 2 cupholders. i'm not converting to buckets. i'm either gonna get tc seats(cloth preferably) or the really plush grand marquis seats. i figure since i'm prob not going to abuse this car as i've some of my others i can get away with just voltage, oil pressure, and a proper temp gauge. this would then give me room to mount either an mp3 player or an xm adapter at some poitn in there too. send me some suggestions!
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

I would go with MP3 player, so you don't have to pay anual fees. My dad made a center consol for the Vic a long time ago. It had two cup holders and a change etc. dish. I was made of wood, and was wrapped in a clotch to match the interrior. One thing I'm not fond of is blocking off the ash tray. Not that I'm smoking, but I like having a place to put my change and stuff, that I don't have to see. Which is one reason I don't have that console in the Vic. I keep my car spotless and an open 'stuffs' tray would not fit in.

If you make something that sits on the tranny hump, allow the ash tray to open. I would suggest putting the gauges in the instrument cluster like mine, if you can with those cluster. As a matter of fact those are the 3 guages that I have installed in my cluster.

Comment

i had thought about mounting gagues in the cluster but there seems to be less room in the 90-91 clusters. i'm not too worried about the ashtray as mine go completely unused. nice part about the 90-91 dashes is that the cigarette lighter is seperate from the ashtray rather than sharing a compartment. so i wouldn't have to extend the power point
      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Working...
      X