PDA

View Full Version : 2 Weeks Until Scottfest

86VickyLX
07-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Let's get a head count. Who is coming? What are you driving?

I'm coming, I hope to be driving Vicky up.
My friend Ethan is also planning on coming. He'll be driving his Focus lol.

Now who else?

jaywish
07-28-2012, 05:03 PM
At this point I am a definite maybe.

Jay

jaywish
07-28-2012, 05:06 PM
What town is it?

86VickyLX
07-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Tremont, PA 17981. It's by Newtown in Schuykill County. NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH NEWTOWN IN BUCKS COUNTY...
Address is 35 North Tremont Street, Tremont PA, 17981.

t65neon5
07-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Let's get a head count. Who is coming? What are you driving?

I'm coming, I hope to be driving Vicky up.
My friend Ethan is also planning on coming. He'll be driving his Focus lol.

Now who else? ill be there......town car...ltd coupe.....bicycle...not sure,but ill be there.....lol

jaywish
07-28-2012, 05:40 PM
So Friday night is the strip?

87gtVIC
07-28-2012, 05:53 PM
I'll be there from early Friday to Monday. I'll be driving a Ford product.

MattsLincoln
07-28-2012, 06:29 PM
I will be there :) driving the towny

MrMarquis
07-28-2012, 11:08 PM
Sarah and I will be there, or at least that's the current plan. Of course, I'll be in the Marquis.

gabegt90
07-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Hope to be there in something can't say for sure what because my work plans always change last minute

zoomie
07-29-2012, 06:51 AM
i may be driving in a *cringe* an 88 s-10....... if i do make it i can put a deposit down on that townie. might see if JAY wants to carpool

Lincolnmania
07-29-2012, 03:30 PM
if anyone wants to come early and help me fix the lss i would really appreciate it........needs header gaskets and a good cleaning and oil change and inspection fri am.
i'm not in the greatest of health and kinda broke but it's still on.
when i get up later i will make a list of goodies for people to bring, all i can think of is alot of toilet paper right now, and try to keep showers under 10 min and space em out 15-20 min if possible, having pump issues again and no fundage to replace the deep well pump.......anybody on gmn wanna kidnap a dentist hehe.

87gtVIC
07-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Scott, I will be there early Friday morning. I can attack those header gasket for ya....as long as your oil pan is not close to stripping out I feel comfortable doing that as well.

I can bring a big pack of TP, paper towels and condiments like ketchup and Mustard....and cash as always for a beverage run or whatever.

t65neon5
07-29-2012, 05:11 PM
if anyone wants to come early and help me fix the lss i would really appreciate it........needs header gaskets and a good cleaning and oil change and inspection fri am.
i'm not in the greatest of health and kinda broke but it's still on.
when i get up later i will make a list of goodies for people to bring, all i can think of is alot of toilet paper right now, and try to keep showers under 10 min and space em out 15-20 min if possible, having pump issues again and no fundage to replace the deep well pump.......anybody on gmn wanna kidnap a dentist hehe. i should be there early also,so,if anything else i can always supervise....lol,as far as food & supplies,ill be bringing 80 hot dogs,hot dog buns,enough frenches mustard,hunts ketchup,and chili/coney sauce for the hot dogs,approxamentally sixteen 12 packs of soda,2 big cans of baked beans,and enough TP and personal items for myself(if i can bring more i will,but thats what i have stocked up for now),im gonna try to bring some snacks and bottled water as well,but it depends on my funds.....may bring a few extra parts as well,but i need to see what i got that i dont need...so thats a maybe at best

86VickyLX
07-29-2012, 09:16 PM
I'll kill you... better be the vic.
Friday is the strip. Me and my friend will be up early Friday, so I'm sure we'd be up for getting the LSS running again!

sly
07-29-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm coming on the 9th with Gadget and will help with anything I can. I will be driving my 93 vic back to Texas one way or another.

P72Ford
07-30-2012, 07:49 AM
Not sure if I am going to make it this year or not.

One of my friend's has a birthday on the 6th, and I agreed to take her to Boston for a day (on the weekend). If we do it the weekend before, I may come on Friday after work, and leave on Sunday. Probably have the Dodge; I can't get the Mustang dusty, and I'm cringing at the possibility of getting caught in the rain with it.

Piece-it pete
07-30-2012, 08:34 AM
I'm still on for a Saturday arrival (couldn't get Friday off), should be the 85 TC. I'll bring whatever I can. Tight though.

Might bring a friend.

Pete

CheeseSteakJim
07-30-2012, 12:58 PM

That Ford product had better be your Vic. It's been 2 years since it's been painted and we still haven't seen it in person.

I'm taking my shitbox Town Car if it'll make it. It's in pretty sore shape at the moment.

My girlfriend and I will be there Friday afternoon

85crownHPP
07-30-2012, 01:10 PM
As long as my boss doesn't give me shit for my days off, I'll at least be there Fri-Sun, I couldn't get Monday off. Might show up Thursday if I can get myself together in time.

I'll be taking the 91... every time I drive the 85 to try to get it to quit again, it re-starts before I have a chance to try to figure out what's going on.
I just know it'll decide to quit for good on the way to SF, or worse, on the way home.

85crownHPP
07-30-2012, 01:10 PM
As long as my boss doesn't give me shit for my days off, I'll at least be there Fri-Sun, I couldn't get Monday off. Might show up Thursday if I can get myself together in time.

I'll be taking the 91... every time I drive the 85 to try to get it to quit again, it re-starts before I have a chance to try to figure out what's going on.
I just know it'll decide to quit for good on the way to SF, or worse, on the way home.

SVT98t
07-30-2012, 01:23 PM
This guy. Tank of Justice II. Friday morning. Ka-chow. I'll help Dave out with the LSS, if needed. And I can make a food run sometime, as well.

-ryan s.

87gtVIC
07-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Nick my shit box aint nothing special. Poor thing has been through a hail storm and both front fenders are bubbling...BAD.....and even in spots that were not bad back when it was painted....oh well so it goes.

t65neon5
07-30-2012, 05:30 PM
Nick my shit box aint nothing special. Poor thing has been through a hail storm and both front fenders are bubbling...BAD.....and even in spots that were not bad back when it was painted....oh well so it goes.

trust me...it will look WONDERFUL next to mine...lol

gabegt90
07-30-2012, 06:07 PM
hey john what's the story on the pretzels did you order them yet?

MrMarquis
07-30-2012, 08:45 PM
trust me...it will look WONDERFUL next to mine...lol

That's the point my car is at. Degrading clear coat. Cracked vinyl. Dented rear quarter with visible repair seams. And daily driver dirt!

CheeseSteakJim
07-30-2012, 11:16 PM

...so I guess you have no excuse to leave it at home this time...

It's cool, mine's hood has about 12 dents in it, the moldings look horrible, it's got awful exhaust leaks, the belt squeals no matter what I do (I think one of the pulleys is worn out... last option). We all drive old beat ass cars. Show yours off!

mitymerc
07-30-2012, 11:24 PM
We all drive old beat ass cars. Show yours off!

I love your attitude!

gadget73
07-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Mine was mechanically sound but looked horrible. Now it looks good, but the mechanicals are starting to go again. Its an endless cycle. Just about the time its mechanically perfect again it'll probably need another paint job.

t65neon5
07-31-2012, 04:29 PM
mine is pretty much as i bought it last spring (when i was still off work)...havent had much money to really start workin on it,but as transprtation goes its ok.....body is rough,but repairable,runs ok,but will probably need the "usual" stuff within the next year...interior is average...,but,for a cheap "builder" it will do nicely for what i have planned

SVT98t
07-31-2012, 04:30 PM
Rinse, repeat.

-ryan s.

85crownHPP
08-05-2012, 05:37 PM
I gave the 91 an early oil change a good look-over, checked the plugs, new fuel filter, filed the crust off the cap/rotor bits, and replaced the LF window motor. I also replaced the tattered LF door pull handle with the one I had harvested, lost, and then found recently. Also fixed the cruise control - I'm thrilled about that. I charged the A/C, but it still only sorta works. I'm gonna miss not having the 85's stereo for the ride...

87gtVIC
08-05-2012, 05:51 PM
I have been prepping for the trip as well.

Yesterday I polished all of the brite work on the outside of the car and today I cleaned up the interior. A day or two before the trip she will get washed, clayed, polished and waxed. :)

sly
08-05-2012, 06:39 PM
since I'm flying up there... prep will take place on Wednesday. probably take me all of 15-30 minutes.

gabegt90
08-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Hopefully ill be back home wendsday from oregon got to get car ready and trailer ready

jaywish
08-05-2012, 08:56 PM
I guess I am going to need to take all the tools out of the back and clean her out a bit. Maybe clean the hpp rims. That is is the worst part of those wheels.

jaywish
08-05-2012, 10:41 PM
I am doing a little prep for scottfest. The car has required premium fuel with stock timeing and the left side tail pipe carbons up while the right is clean.

Pulled the plugs on the wagon, shot an oz. of top engine cleaner in the cylinders and put the plugs back in. Tomorrow I will remove the plugs, spin the motor, install new motorcraft platinums plugs, then feed a carbon cleaner "run-rite" in the throttle body for ten min, pop a can of fuel injector cleaner in the tank. Finish up with new wires, cap, rotor and oil change.

I bought an msd cap and rotor to replace the ones in there. I try to use quality and had a "standard" cap and rotor in there. I forgot standard uses brass terminals and is made in usa. I did not need to spring for the msd stuff but it also seems to be excellent quality. Usually standard is good quality.

Last month I looked in the cylinders, saw them all carboned up, used the throttle body injected cleaner and have been adding the fuel system cleaner with every tank. I am told ridding the car of carbon deposits is a legnthy process. Sometime after next week I will pull some plugs and look inside with a camera to judge the progress or lack thereof.

I am also going to change the left o2 sensor with a "standard" unit. The car has been running rich on the left side and it does not appear to be the injectors so..... We will see how that works out.

Jay

Lincolnmania
08-05-2012, 11:55 PM
my stuff is all broken in some way and paint bad on em all, the 92 blew a header gasket, the mk7 needs 2 non china tires and an alignment, the yoda runs on 3 cyls unless your on the gas, and the towny needs a rear rebuilt, trac lock rebuild and a header gasket and inspection and emisions (still registered at my parents house next county over lol) i gotta put some cats on it, i dont feel like driving 75 miles to where i used to work.

MattsLincoln
08-06-2012, 02:48 PM
im also preparing my towny did an oil change, rebalanced my wheels, gonna wash her thursday, and clean out the interior then she will be all ready for drag racing friday and scottfest.

gadget73
08-06-2012, 08:59 PM
I don't even know if I'm going to have time to wash the car. We're in the middle of a bunch of involved stuff at work, and I'll probably be working long hours till at least Wed, and I have to leave Thurs evening to pick up Jason at the airport. I may be hauling my new dash speakers and sub up in the trunk to be installed over the weekend. Car is dirty, been driven in the rain a couple times and its got bug splat all over the place, plus it needs to be vacuumed badly.

MrMarquis
08-06-2012, 09:25 PM
My car is pretty dirty right now too. Hopefully I'll get the time Thursday to give it a good scrub down and wax. Polish up the bumpers and wheel covers and whatnot and be good to go.

85crownHPP
08-07-2012, 01:13 PM
I probably won't wash mine either... lol

sly
08-07-2012, 01:19 PM
I let God wash mine. The Mark needs a bath. I'll probably wash it before September.

dmccaig
08-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Anybody coming with a 50 foot or 100 foot tape?

Donald

Lincolnmania
08-07-2012, 04:50 PM
skip might have one, have to ask when he gets back from helping the neighbor

guys there is a car wash in tremont and one in minersville, one at the hess station in pottsville is automatic........need to conserve water here,try to keep showers to under 10 min please and give the pump 10-15 min btw showers for the pump to cool and the well to catch up, i would appreciate that please.

sly
08-07-2012, 05:06 PM
I'll go for quick hose offs when I do shower. Not a problem.

85crownHPP
08-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Whore's baths for me!

SVT98t
08-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Whore's bath? Someone getting peed on?!

-ryan s.

t65neon5
08-07-2012, 06:41 PM
whore's bath? Someone getting peed on?!

-ryan s......ewwwwwww!!!!!!!

gadget73
08-07-2012, 09:18 PM
golden like a shower ?

gabegt90
08-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Well mangs looks like i wont be there untill saturday at the earliest my truck wont be ready until tommorow late out in boise idaho so flight out is friday moring and flying takes all day when flying from the east coast

dmccaig
08-08-2012, 05:16 AM
Dear Scott,
Let me know. If Skip hasn't a 50 foot tape, I'll need to get into town and buy one. I can't get there until Saturday.

Donald

86VickyLX
08-08-2012, 07:58 AM
skip might have one, have to ask when he gets back from helping the neighbor

guys there is a car wash in tremont and one in minersville, one at the hess station in pottsville is automatic

I don't see a point in washing your cars/wheels. As soon as you get on the driveway, it's gonna get dirty lol. And if you're camping down in the field, and you're using your car to drop off your camping stuff, your wheels are most likely gonna be a muddy mess.

gabegt90
08-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Well guys bad news looks like i might miss scottfest peterbilt does not know where my part is so i figured ive waited this long might as well wait for it to be done so fucking pissed was looking foward to meeting some new mangs and seeing everybody again save a seagrimm for me tropical fruit lol

MrMarquis
08-08-2012, 06:09 PM
That sucks Gabe. Maybe we can have another Maryland mini-meet this year.

save a seagrimm for me tropical fruit lol

I don't know about saving one, but I'll drink a couple for ya! :rolleyes:

Are we allowed to have a bonfire this year? Or do we need another candle to circle around? :rofl:

sly
08-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Gabe: :ugha:

I've managed to pack dern near everything I'll need... just need to pack the morning use stuffs and then off to the airport.

87gtVIC
08-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Sucks Gabe. You always made an appearance.

Gotta remember to pick up Thain's stuff at work tomorrow......then remember to take it out of the one Ford and put it into the other for the trip.

Lincolnmania
08-08-2012, 09:24 PM
2 days now!

gadget73
08-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Gotta remember to pick up Thain's stuff at work tomorrow......then remember to take it out of the one Ford and put it into the other for the trip.

If it gets left behind, its not the end of the world. I've already got crap stored in 2 states long term, why not make it 3 ?

Sucks about the part Gabe. I hope they are taking care of your hotel or whatever since you're stuck out there.

jaywish
08-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Convoy anyone?

I think I will be leaving Yonkers and heading over the GWB late morning or early afternoon on Friday. I am flexable at this point. If the route and general time works out with anyone give me a shout. I could meet you anywhere along the way.
Jay 914 774-3604

mitymerc
08-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Well guys bad news looks like i might miss scottfest peterbilt does not know where my part is so i figured ive waited this long might as well wait for it to be done so fucking pissed was looking foward to meeting some new mangs and seeing everybody again save a seagrimm for me tropical fruit lol

Sorry to hear it. I enjoyed talking w/you last year...

gabegt90
08-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Good news dispath said ok yo leave truck in boise got flight out in the moring to home them off to skippyville sat moring

Lincolnmania
08-09-2012, 06:17 PM
yay! looking forward to seeing everyone!

jaywish
08-09-2012, 07:18 PM
anybody want to convoy tomorrow? GW to NJ to PA ?

Jay 914 774-3604

gabegt90
08-09-2012, 08:41 PM
anybody want to convoy tomorrow? GW to NJ to PA ?

Jay 914 774-3604
Good old gw upper lol then 78 west all the way out to pa route 61

86VickyLX
08-09-2012, 10:16 PM
If I was up there in North Jersey, I'd be for a convoy. But since I'm not. I guess there will be a silly little Mitsu following me...

Lincolnmania
08-09-2012, 10:54 PM
first two arrivals!
gadget73 and slymer