95 GM May Need New Evap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95 GM May Need New Evap...

COMPLETELY redid the HVAC system, under the hood last July 27th. ALL Ford OEM parts and today, out of the blue, no A/C. Put about a pound of R134A and vent temps were about 50. Used a friend's "sniffer" and got some action on the passenger vent so figuring it may be the evaporator. NICE! Just over a year and a possible bum OEM part. Could have bought a cheaper part for one stinkin' year! Not a "happy camper" as my physical issues preclude me from doing it myself. Got a friend that will probably sort it all out but if they don't warrantee the part I'm on the hook for more money....medical insurance dropped me a long time ago so all my medical bills are out of pocket. Since June I have probably run up over $30K (I'l know for sure when all the bills come in and I do a total).

Sorry about the "rant" - just pissed about the OEM part probably failing so soon......got other "fish to fry" and now I get to f*** with this shit! Thoughts???? Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

The part is OEM but it could have been "made" overseas How much is a new evap?
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Have seen anywhere from 50 to about 150.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

No chance its just the O ring at the junction of the liquid line and orifice tube is it? Really any leak under the hood could get sucked into the vents so I'd make sure to use the sniffer everywhere in the system. Wouldn't rule out a bum evap tho. I had a bum OEM heater core a couple years ago. It leaked from day one. The second one was fine though.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Could be a good call O-ring wise! Will have to recheck to make sure but the sniffer didn't pick up anything in that area. New OEM Evap is at least $150 -190!! Bobby

Comment

Working...
          X