Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to buy a '95 Town Car Sig. Series...What to look for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to buy a '95 Town Car Sig. Series...What to look for?

A friend of mine's mother passed away and she owned a 1995 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. It is silver with a dark green full cloth top and dark green leather interior. It has 103K miles on it.

I LOVE the green leather!!!! It is in very good condition and back seats look like new!
    Car runs very good, I have driven it and it seemed to ride and accelerate excellently. The check engine light is on, I took it to autozone while on my test drive but they couldn't run the check computer because of the year(I dont get that, but ok).

Body is very clean, some light surface rust on front driver side fender and a little bubble over rear pass wheel well(which I would fix and then cover with the chrome fender well covers). Overall interior is very clean, and underneath isn't bad.

But never having owned this body style Lincoln what should I look out for? I know air ride is a big prob, but it appears to have been replaced with springs(she does have records back to 1997 when she bought it).

The Cruise control is the only thing I noticed that did not work.....is this an easy fix?
    And the A/C needs a recharge....

Asking price is $2500

That Towncar may be a good car. If the woman has all service records, that would be a big plus. See when the last transmission service was done. To me that was a weak spot of the car. As far as Ac recharge, the system is R134. If it were me, I would change the AC O rings in the lines before recharge. They like to leak.The check engine light may be the 02 sensors. I believe that model has four. The price to me is a little high as it has rust. I bought a 96 TC rust free Ca. car five years ago for $1,700. It was green. Good luck.

Comment

IIRC '95 is the only year they came correct from the factory with the non-asplodey non-plastic intake manifold crossover thing.
      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I have heard that too. Is the cruise easy to fix?
        I also think price is a little high. I would be more comfortable around $2000. But he already came down from $3200!

Comment

The cruise control might be a easy fix or maybe not. My 96 CV needed a new clock spring which fixed it. There was a Ford recall regarding the cruise control. Very important that the recall work has been done. As far as price. It is only worth what he can get. With the price of gas going back up daily, it may be a hard sell. Find similar vehicles in camera ads, local paper, craigs list etc. show seller the prices and take it from there. I also would have a mechanic look at it carefully. It might look fine, but it may need repairs that make the car not worth fixing.

Comment

Working...
          X