Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pics of my 5.0 Grand Marquis!!! 56k if you dare!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pics of my 5.0 Grand Marquis!!! 56k if you dare!!!!

the pics can be found here:

http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/view...=810539#810539

also pics of my other car: 1990 Cavalier Z24 3.1 5 speed are here:

http://www.digistash.com/showalbum.p...5670&uuid=2138

and new updated pics here:

http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/view...628&highlight=

lemme know what you think!

Nick

Both nice cars, and im sure that cava will HAUL ASS!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

the cavy is a quick little machine, takes my buddy's 2000 v6 cougar with ease, lol
      it has a few upgraded parts to help it out, mostly suspention for handeling and brakes.

lowered with eibach springs and kyb shocks and struts
      energy suspention bushings
      new ball joints and ends
      17 inch rims with low pro tires,
      k+n intake
      custom dual exhaust to help it breathe a little better (y-pipe after the rear axle)
      10 inch rotors with 92 cavalier calipers
      the engine only has 55,XXX miles on it, runs awesome!

i'm hoping to do the same work with the grand marquis as i did with the cavy only difference will be that since there is close to 0 aftermarket for the cavalier engine, the grand marquis engine will get a lot more attention with a much wider aftermarket for the 302. every car i've owned i've made it 110% better than when i recieved it! i love cars what can i say!!!

Nick

Comment

Ya Very nice cars! I always wanted a 2nd gen Z24 with a 5 speed. It looks way better without the yellow Z24 on the door. Digging the rims too!
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

the blue looks nice... ans as a felow cavy owner , that z-24 is sweet

Comment

where in pa are you located? it'd be cool to meet up sometime, i watched the video of your car hopping. that kicks ass man!

also i sent a message replying tot he rims you had for sale, i was wondering if you still had them?

Nick

Comment

Hey Nick, what's that air filter that you're using? I flipped the local Murray's and AutoZone upside down tonight, but couldn't find anything even close to it.

Comment

hey Ivan

i can't remember the brand but it was a shelf item at my local autozone, they always have them in stock. try a pepboys or advanced auto they should have them in stock, the filter i have has 3 adjustable sleeves to fit almost any intake tube up to 3 or 4 inches in diameter i believe. if you can't find one i can get one and ship it to you it was 24.99 iirc. lemme know!

Nick

Comment

Thnaks Nick, I got a larger AutoZone store on my way to work, and an Advance Auto on the usual way back (I use two different routes, depending on traffic) - will check them tomorrow or Wednesday.

Comment

Nick, I found the filter - it's a Spectre one, washable, with a 10,000 mile warranty, and even comes with a bottle of oil I got a red though, looks better on my car. There's something I noticed in your setup though, seems that your filter clapms right on the rubber elbow - is that connection strong enough? For my car I found a short piece of PVC pipe (3" inside, 3.5" outside diameter), and it fit perfectly both in the elbow and in the filter, another option will be a 3.5" exhaust pipe.

Comment

yea man the clamp on the elbow is strong enough, it actually holds the filter mid-air! gets air from every direction, makes it whistle too when you get on it!

Nick

Comment

Working...
                      X