door code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

door code

I am sure this has been asked before, and I didn't get an owners manual with the car I bought yesterday...

how do you figure out/where do you look to find the code to punch in to unlock the doors?

1998 Grand Marquis

thanks

manuals can be downloaded at www.motorcraftservice.com and click on Owner Guides on the left menu.

on page 56...
    The factory-set code is located:
    - on the owner’s wallet card in the glove compartment
    - taped to the computer module
    When pressing the controls on the keyless entry keypad, press the
    middle of the controls to ensure a good activation.
    As for where the computer module is located... I'm not sure.

might check the trunk lid support arms. They used to be written on those too.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

On my 95 grand marquis the code was inside the trunk on the drivers side support arm.
      2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

open the trunk and its on the trunk lip
        88 Mustang lx 4cyl converted to 351w efi (Foxy)
        86 Crown Victoria ltd 2 dr DD (Queen Elizabeth)
        93 F250 460 5 speed

Comment

I've seen it in a lot of random spots in the trunk but for the most part its normally on the inner passenger side support arm.

Comment

If you can't find it ANYWHERE else, the code is printed on a sticker on the Keyless Entry Module found inside the driver's door. Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

The cars were supplied new with stickers that the first owner could place about the car if and as they wished. That is why they can be found in various places. Often the dealer performed that and two popular places were the trunk lid support arms and behind the glove box so you could kind of peek in if you got down on the floor.

The module has the number on it up to a certain year, which certain year it is I can no longer remember.

Jay
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

It is on the Keyless Entry Module for 1995. After that I am not sure.....

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

OK, found the code, reset the door buttons to a personal code, all working fine now.

found owners manual online at www.ford.com, joined owners group there

is there a way to find out if this car came from the factory with the Remote Entry System? or was that an LS only thing?

thanks

Comment

You could option a GS with the keyless entry IIRC.
                    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

ok... so... where would I go to ask about options on this car? can local Ford dealer run the VIN?

May call tomorrow and find out

Comment

Is the door tag legible? The door tag should have all of the pertinent mechanical information on it ie: rear axle type and ratio, interior/exterior color codes, etc...

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS HPP - SOLD
                        Wore out the cam chain tensioners and jumped time at 176k miles.

Comment

Working...
                        X