2001 mgm mystery 5 beeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 mgm mystery 5 beeps

Hello my mgm when first started beeps 5 sets of 5. Then while driving it randomly does it again like every 30 min or so

I know it's a stupid ? but are you wearing your seatbelt? There is a reminder that will sound and that sounds about like it.
    2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

Is your airbag light on? I know if the module has an open loop or is busted, it makes the beeping noise and the light comes on.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

+1 airbag light burnt out... so now it's beeping at you.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

My 94 F150 started doing it. Turned out to be the clockspring in the steering wheel. It was worn out enough to trigger an airbag warning code.
          sigpic
          https://www.facebook.com/jason.baker.1614
          1985 P43 Crown Vic, "Lightning Interceptor". Project is back on!
          1987 P72 Crown Vic, EFI 351W (not my conversion), rusty and crusty parts car.
          2006 Ford Fusion, 30MPG, premium sound, daily driver, 200K miles and still going.
          2011 Ford Fucus, 36MPG, Sync, wifey / baby mobile.

Comment

Yes I always wear my sealtbelt. No the airbags light is not on it maybe burnt out then again it may be the module because it still beeps when I swapped to a 140 mph speedo which I had to swap back out since I apparently grabbed the wrong year cluster. Would anyone suggest going to a pull a part and grabbing one out a different year mgm. Most. Mgm are an older year model like 95-97 and the cvpi are from 01-05 but the bags are all popped open on them. So would buying a brand new one be better? Also how would I check the clockspring in my steering wheel?

Comment

Working...
            X