Question about auto power door locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about auto power door locks

I'm working on an 02 MGM with automatic locking doors.

All the doors lock as soon as you put the car in drive, I suspect all whales have this.

Is there a quick and simple way to bypass or totally disconnect this feature without affecting the door mounted

lock switch or the hand held remote??

I'm thinking maybe some where in steering column?

Any help with this would be most appreciated!

Thanks!!!!

does this have the keypad? If so, you may be able to program it out. Check the owner's manual. I know the older system would let you punch in some key combo to shut this off.

It senses, or used to sense, the shift into gear by working off the reverse light circuit. I don't know what it uses now. A lot of that stuff is integrated, so you'd really need the wiring manuals to figure out how its all interfaced. There may not be a simple way of disabling this.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

On a '95:

1) Enter the permanent five-digit entry code (NOT the user code you may have set)

2) Within 5 seconds, press and hold 7/8

3) Within 5 more seconds, press and release 3/4

4) Release 7/8

You can activate and deactivate using these instructions. NOT certain this will work on the later models, though.....Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

manuals for 96+ can be downloaded from www.motorcraftservice.com by clicking on owner guide on the left menu.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I just wanted to say Thank You to every one that helped me out with this.
          As it turns out miamibob (Bobby) was right, and the locking feature can still be turned on and off just like he said!!!!
          Thanks Guys!

Comment

Happy to have been of service and more importantly - IT WORKED!! Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Wow that procedure has been around forever. It was the same on my 89 LTC and 93 Taurus.
              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
              Past Panthers
              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Working...
              X