List Of "Specs" From VIN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List Of "Specs" From VIN?

Anyone know of a service that can get you a "dealer" like sheet (like the window sheet that came with the car listing all the standard and optional equipment) if you give them the VIN? Looking for it for my 1995 GM. Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

SOMEBODY has to know if an outside company provides Window Stickers or if Ford still does. Got an email into Ford but who knows if I get a response or how helpful it may be. Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

Marti Report?

http://www.martiauto.com/windowsticker.cfm

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS HPP - SOLD
      Wore out the cam chain tensioners and jumped time at 176k miles.

Comment

Good call but they stop at 1993. Need it for my 1995. Contacted Ford and they claim they have a build sheet but the info is REALLY limited! Thanks for the lead!! Bobby

Comment

yeah there's a ford build sheet that doesn't go much beyond engine size and number of doors (both unhelpful on a 95 GM lol). The Marti report is the only thing out there unfortunately.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Have you tried to find the build sheet? The OEM's used to use basically a "tic" sheet to check off the appropriate options as they were installed in the car coming down the line. At the end of the line, they used to stuff that paper up between the foam under the front seat, or under the rear seat bottom. Not sure when they quit doing that, but it might be worth a shot to remove the seats and look for any papers you don't recognise.

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS HPP - SOLD
            Wore out the cam chain tensioners and jumped time at 176k miles.

Comment

Yeah....worth a shot. Didn't see one under the front seat (only checked Driver's side) but maybe in the rear? We'll see....Bobby

Comment

found a shredded one in the springs of the passenger seat of the 88 when I installed my amp. It was highly unreadable.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Sounds about right!

Comment

I had found the build sheet when I was removing the original seats, but there is so little left of the original car that it does not matter anymore.
                    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Maybe it will help if you have the name of what you're looking for. The window stickers are called 'Monroe' stickers. Don't really know why. Maybe you can find a way to get one online for a small fee and print it off yourself.

Comment

Got the info directly from Ford so BIG THANKS to al my buddies here and your helpful info!! Bobby

Comment

Working...
                        X