Transmission Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission Mount

I've been needing to replace mine for a while now, but these things are for some reason kind of hard to find.

We're talking about the single mount on the transmission which connects to the transmission crossmember, of course. Regular motor mounts are a dime a dozen.

It seems like I looked it up a while back and found one, but it was called something other than a "transmission mount" and I remember thinking I'd better remember the other name so I don't find myself in the situation I'm in, but of course I forgot whatever the other name was called. And so I come to you.

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

anchor makes one...part #2464...shouldnt be more than $5.00 anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by t65neon5 View Post
      anchor makes one...part #2464...shouldnt be more than $5.00 anywhere
      Thank you! I wonder why it wasn't listed for my Town Car anywhere? Is that a CV/GM part? Hopefully it's the same for my car.

Comment

Its the same part. Possibly look up "rear engine mount". I dont know why its listed as such, but sometimes it is.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          Its the same part. Possibly look up "rear engine mount". I dont know why its listed as such, but sometimes it is.
          Okie doke. For some reason most sites show it only for the '80-85 Lincolns. Whatever, I've got one coming.

Comment

Working...
          X