Maybe I should buy an amp??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I should buy an amp??

Alright, I have an amp as it is. It's a 600wat Power Acoustics 4 channel amp. I blew one of my 6X9 speakers (well technicaly my Mom did, but hey it sounded good to the last drop, and I was diggin it too). It still work good, all sound is clean and clear, untill I get up to higher volume. At that point the bass is much louder that the speaker that is not blown, but at the beginning of a bass note you can hear the clatter of a blown or semi-blown speaker.

Any ways. I bought these Cadence 6X9s they are rated for 150watts RMS, and have 2.5lb magnets My current amp puts about 75watts RMS power to each one of my speakers. So, I have room to maybe upgrade. However, if I did upgrade I would force myself to upgrade the front speakers to 6.5" rounds.

I would like to get this amp to replace mine. But I dunno, maybe if I can clean off my credit card and have spending cash for Christmas.

I would save some more money and get a good amp... 1600 watts is WAY overkill and Ive only heard bad things about Pyramid stuff.
    My Alpine amp puts out maybe 40 watts RMS per channel and its crystal clear and plenty loud.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

quality > power ratings. A good amp is the way to go. Alpine stuff is good. I have a 90 watt Alpine in my truck and it sounds fantastic driving a single 10" JL sub. I'm thinking of moving it to the Lincoln and wiring it to the rear 6x9s just to see what it would sound like.

You can use crap brand amps on subs and it'll sound fine. Its at high frequency that an amp will really show its limitations.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X