97 chevy lumina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

97 chevy lumina

Ok yea I know I haven't been on here in a long time and for that I am sorry. As you may remember I had to get rid of the intimidator But for a cool $1,400 I bought this 1997 Chevy lumina. Since I took these pics I took off the front plate holder and that sticker in the windshield. also it did come with a factory cd player but it wouldn't play burnt cds so I put my aftermarket sterio in. So far it is the only Lumina I have found that has leather interior and a sunroof.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2998.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1299186Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2997.jpg
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	1299185Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2996.jpg
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	1299184

when I get a chance I'll take some interior shots but for now this is all I've got
    sigpic

Any rust issues?
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Take a close look at the rear drum backing plates. Clean them up and make sure they're not rotten.
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

There is a very very little amount of rust on her. Such a small amount it's almost non existent.

I still have yet to do the breaks on her but I was told (& showin the receipt) that they were done a month before I bought her.

The one major issue she has is the driver side rear strut. It's shot. But I did buy the new struts for the rear I've just been really lazy and haven't done them yet.
        Also the gas vent on in or near the gas tank is stuck open so my check engine light is on. It's not causing any type of performance issues and I'm still able to add gas with no problem at all. The only thing is the annoying service engine soon light. Once again Just being lazy & haven't fixed that yet.
        sigpic

Comment

i know a guy with a lumina.. his names Dan.. he smashed the pass. side by running into my buddy 89 dodge with a plow on it.. then a deer ran into his driver side.. and he has Kicker L7's in the trunk.... its worth $250 trade in...
          Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
          Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
          Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

hollow camshaft design and they blow manifold/headgaskets. i hate that engine, it will leave you stranded more than once.
            Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

good design and poor execution on the 3100-3400s. should have used quality gaskets from the get-go.
              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Working...
              X