• Show
Clear All

My '79 Chevy LUV (lots of pics)

This is what it all started as.

got my lowering blocks on it.
    before

after

and to think those are cell pics
    When i was lowering the front end i got in a fight with the 1/2 drive ratchet and it won

3 stiches later

after the drop

i like the looks of that
    what it started out with

what could be under there?

oh boy

played with some wheels for a bit

dremel = magic

before

after

motor is pulled

A quick rendering sketch

I cleaned up the bed rails a lil bit.
    Before

After

i cleaned my truck out lol

Hella Flush lmao. Tucking tire LIKE A BOSS

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4.6L 2v (A.K.A. The Whale)(All Stock... For Now)

1979 Chevy Luv (Waiting On A SBC)(Project NO LUV Since 2008)

Those wagon wheels on the back in the first few pics were making the poor truck breath hard at just the thought of trying to move! LOL! I like where you're heading, though. Cool truck.

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS HPP - SOLD
    Wore out the cam chain tensioners and jumped time at 176k miles.

Comment

thanks man its getting a mild 350 in it with a 700r4

Comment

very cool. that's not much truck for a 350. should be lotsa burnt rubber in 1st.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Are you doing a crate motor, straight swap from another vehicle, or ground up rebuild on your 350? The nice thing is that you can keep it really mild and still have all kinds of hooligan fun in a truck that light. Actually, you're probably in more danger of accidentally making more power than the little truck can use! Keep us posted on your progress, I like project threads.

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS HPP - SOLD
          Wore out the cam chain tensioners and jumped time at 176k miles.

Comment

Pics/info of the mustang with the old school snorkel next to the luv?
            Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

My dads car.
              He has owned it for 31 years.
              1970 Mustang Mach 1 351C 4SPD 4:56rear

Comment

That mustang should be a daily driver. As is, as long as it runs.
                Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Yeah its rough around the edges, but thats basically the way it looked the last time I drove it. Its not being driven now due to a motor change, and clutch z-bar header issues. I got the car with a Windsor but its an M code car, I drove it over 10 years with a piston slapping 351w in it, not driving it easy I might add. The W FINALLY gave up the ghost (Rod thru the side of block) and I had found a Torino with a Cleveland in it so did the car buy motor yank swap and havent had any luck finding headers for a standard trans set up, so it has been just setting waiting patiently. IF i can ever afford to buy some new ones (havent found any for less than 450+) I'll have the boy (boot98) shoot a vid....
                  1970 Mach1 351C4bbl 4sp 4.56's... Been abused sense '79 needing TLC
                  1961 Ford Fairlane500 292 Cruise-O-Matic (Pop's car may he RIP) also needing TLC
                  1976 Plymouth Volare 225/6 904 auto (DD, for now)
                  And a few more.....

Comment

looks pretty decent!
                    hows the frame? you know that isuzu rear will not handle a v8? (my buddys 327 powered 79 luv went thru several rears) probably cheapest option is to install a 8" rear from a 4wd toyota pickup (6 lug wheels same as the luv)
                    i thought about putting a 302 in my 86 toyota pickup, but i fixed up the 2.4l four cyl instead, glad i did, getting around 30 mpg and it has alot more power, no race truck bud adequate and i can haul just about a ton of coal in the bed!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Thats how I lower my S10 from time to time: I fill the bed up with shit. they look at me like I'm out of my mind, but more than once I've rolled it across the scales with 2500 lbs of junk in there. Its very much unhappy about it though. When they say thats a 1/2 ton truck, it really means 1/2 ton.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

lol i plan on putting a narrowed 8" ford under the rear im going to eventually convert it from 6 lug to 5 lug
                        and the frame is strait as an arrow with no rust been a Tx. Ok. truck its whole life

Comment

Originally posted by boot98 View Post
                          My dads car.
                          He has owned it for 31 years.
                          1970 Mustang Mach 1 351C 4SPD 4:56rear

Love it! Musclecar rat-rod style stuff is awesome.............i agree, i'd rock it just the way it is! Great project and please dont remove the snorkel!
                          Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

Working...
                          X