'95 BMW 750iL V12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'95 BMW 750iL V12

So I did a little trading around with my truck. 2001 f-150 supercrew 2wd. I got this bad boy and the guy gave me $700 boot. Now it doesn't book for as much as my truck but its still a super cool, super nice, loaded to the max car. The 5.4 v12 is pretty damn peppy to, it has no problem smoking a stock fox body.

It's got some minor issues that need tinkering with (more details later). I only have one pic right now, I'll go a little more in depth tonight. Enjoy.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
    Big plans

nice! i used to work on a 740il and the v8 was powerful......can't imagine the v12!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Lucky. I always liked the big beemers!

Pete
      Originally posted by gadget73
      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

oh look, james bond's bimmer! i like the 850i sport coupe me self too.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Now that's what I'm talking about (big bmw fan here) and the v12 makes it even better
          2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

Let's make "Transporter 4"!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Other than a couple beemer cycles I have owned. Almost purchased a 5 series with a V12 installed another was an 850 Dinan turbocharged one. Pro golfer in FLA owned the later for only 9K kinda got scaierd of KYs taxes had the cash at the time think it was 600 HP 600 torq.

Think I remember certian years of the V12 having some cylinder wall issues
              Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

It's even almost purple already!
                Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Well I'll tell you all the issues now. I have also purchased another vehicle to drive while I get this one in tip top shape, I'll make a thread for it later this week. Anyway this problems.

It has a gas leak at the bottom of the tank, it looks like someone tryed to jack it up on the gas tank, I'll be patching this sometime this week when the tank gets empty. The rear bumper cover is busted all the way through, top to bottom on the right rear corner, I am going to get prices on this today. The deck lid has some rust bubbles starting at the seam of the lisence plate, I'll just fix this at work and spot the color in and full clear on the rest of the panel. The right rear door has a dent on the lower portion of it, again I'll repair it at work, blend the color and full clear on the rest of the panel. The chrome molding on the left rear door is popped loose at one end. The clip that holds it is broken, new clip is a couple bucks. There are only a couple dings on the car other than that. I plan on buffing the whole car with a high speed buffer also and a good hand polish, it should look really good.*
                  The engine cover has a piece broken off of it. The windshield has a crack across the bottom of it. The master window switchs on the drivers door don't work all the time, I'm going to take them apart and clean them before I order one on eBay. The privacy shade for the back glass is stuck half way, common problem, easy fix in a couple of hours. The LCD display on the radio is blotchy and all of the letters and numbers don't show up, seems to be a common problem as I am having trouble finding one that's doesn't have the same problem as mine. The abs light is on, the traction control is stuck off, and the eq display on the radio doesn't show until you push a button. Apparently these are all related to each other and are symptoms of a failing ignition switch. Not totally sure though I need to do more diagnosis. It also needs brake pads, or so the heads up display tells me. I haven't actually checked yet. The leather on the armrest of the drivers door has worn through. The rear of the headliner is sagging a bit also.

I know this is a super long list and sounds like a lot of stuff. But most of it can be fixed cheap or free with a little time and effort. Plus this will just be my tinker toy/stepping out car as I have another daily driver. So it will spend most of its time under a car cover.*

All and all it's a great car. It's just been a little neglected and needs some tlc to bring it back.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                  Big plans

Comment

I don't know how much experience you have with BMW's, but they start with around twice the pad material of a domestic so what may not look "low" for a ford is very little brake pad left on a bimmer.

None of the problems sound too bad considering your skills, except the LCD thing, that could be a pain.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

You just need a tuxedo and a steady supply of decent martinis, and you should be a good to go. Nice car.

Packman

Comment

Well everything is going good. The more I drive it, the more I'm liking it. I fixed the window switch, just a wire broke in half. Still waiting for the gas tank to leak all the way out so I can fix it. I also didn't have much leg room, my knee was hitting the dash. I discovered the seat tracks have little metal clips on them called "chauffeur clips" if you remove these the seat goes back about 3 inches more. So plenty of leg room now.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                        Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
                          Well everything is going good. The more I drive it, the more I'm liking it. I fixed the window switch, just a wire broke in half. Still waiting for the gas tank to leak all the way out so I can fix it. I also didn't have much leg room, my knee was hitting the dash. I discovered the seat tracks have little metal clips on them called "chauffeur clips" if you remove these the seat goes back about 3 inches more. So plenty of leg room now.
                          ....seems how your are a competent body&fender man,id imagine the body & paint issues are nothing for you to repair,and its seems like you have a good handle on everything else that needs attention,i would imagine the only issue will be cost of some replacement parts as BMW's aernt exactly cheap....but even then,every one ive ever had the oppertunity to drive have been awesome excellently built vehicles,and the 750 was a very nice lookin car also...(much better than the newer BMW's....when they wnet with that goofy styling)

Comment

How many miles on this? Been in a lot of 740i/740iLs but never a 750. Must be a screamer at highway speeds.

Comment

135,000 miles

It's a dream at highway speeds. It also really comes to life when you mash the gas at 60. I have two video I'll upload one is 20-80 mph the other is 60-110.

It does 20-80 in a little over 6 seconds. The 60-110 trip takes about 9 seconds. It's a pretty quick car.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                              Big plans

Comment

Working...
                              X