performance parts for my 94 grand marquis with stock 4.6 HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

performance parts for my 94 grand marquis with stock 4.6 HELP

im looking for some performance parts for my 94 grand marquis with stock 4.6 .. first things first 1. i want a cold airintake.( i was told that a cold air intake from a 4.6 94 gt mustang would work as long as i change the fuel rods) 2. performance chip ? as far as prices the cheaper the better but i am a firm believer in you get what you pay for.... if any one else has any recommendation. please let me know thank you
    sigpic

Cold air kits don't do much for the 91-95 4.6 the intake is terrible. You will make more noise though!!

Swap to dual exhaust from a 92-94 Police 4.6 Crown Vic will add 20 HP, or have someone run you some duals with an H pipe. OR you can spend some $2000 on long tube headers and cat back exhaust which does fit the 92-2002 models. That will make a good dent in your wallet.

The 2001 up "PI" 4.6 can run just as hard as a 99 up Mustang 4.6 can be made to run up to 250 RWHP with bolt ons and close to 300 RWHP with head work cams and full exhaust and long tube headers. Converting one of those engines into a 92-95 is a big job. It was hard enough to swap a 2004 engine into a 96 Town Car but I did make it happen1!
    2004 Marauder M79 90K miles Jmod!! 14.85 @95.63
    2004 Crown Vic LX 135K Silver Birch Light flint leather FMX1 04 P-71 PCM swap 04 P-71 Airbox and Zip tube "$100 MZT" 01 F-250 70 MM TB 21mm swaybar wood steering wheel BH headlight relay

Comment

Originally posted by Chevyguy View Post
      Cold air kits don't do much for the 91-95 4.6 the intake is terrible. You will make more noise though!!

Swap to dual exhaust from a 92-94 Police 4.6 Crown Vic will add 20 HP, or have someone run you some duals with an H pipe. OR you can spend some $2000 on long tube headers and cat back exhaust which does fit the 92-2002 models. That will make a good dent in your wallet.

The 2001 up "PI" 4.6 can run just as hard as a 99 up Mustang 4.6 can be made to run up to 250 RWHP with bolt ons and close to 300 RWHP with head work cams and full exhaust and long tube headers. Converting one of those engines into a 92-95 is a big job. It was hard enough to swap a 2004 engine into a 96 Town Car but I did make it happen1!
      I can vouch for the PITA that swapping the PI motor into a pre-OBD-II car since that's what was done with my 93. Gadget was the wiring guy and it gave him fits. We finally got it all done and back to Texas and it runs great. Putting 230HP down at the wheels with 274ftlbs of torque. It can be done, but there's a LOT of mix and match of parts to get it to work and you have to tune out a bunch of stuff.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

lol already got the dual exhaust done with h pipe, so their really nothing else minor i could do to upgrade for better performance? im really not trying to spend a bunch of money on this motor it does have alot of miles on it and i mean alot of miles!! but still runs strong i had the tranny rebuilt with shift kit cause i know i was gonna be putting 24s on it and the trunk is full of music too so their alot of extra weight.. ill change the motor out when it goes.but theirs no point in fixing something if it aint broken! if you know what i mean
        Last edited by spanky0323; 11-26-2012, 08:22 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Underdrive pullies. MSD coils and Wires. Electric fan. Electric water pump. Torque converter and REAR GEARS WITH TRAC-LOC!!
          I should dyno the Tank before I do the motor swap.

-ryan s.
          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
          Originally posted by pantera77
          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Hi!
            Cold air intake. They're ok. I made one out of aluminum for mine. The big problem is the shitty flowing heads and even shittier flowing intake manifold.
            (FYI, Mustang GT's had 5.0L's in them until 1996. And what are fuel rods??)
            All of the aforementioned as well.

Here:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...THIS-lt-PLEASE!!!!!!

and

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...Rock96Marquis)

-ryan s.
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
              Hi!
              Cold air intake. They're ok. I made one out of aluminum for mine. The big problem is the shitty flowing heads and even shittier flowing intake manifold.
              (FYI, Mustang GT's had 5.0L's in them until 1996. And what are fuel rods??)
              All of the aforementioned as well.

Here:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...THIS-lt-PLEASE!!!!!!

and

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...Rock96Marquis)

-ryan s.
              i met fuel rails sorry
              sigpic

Comment

Ah, ok. You may want to consider the rear gears and trac-lok if you're running 24's +. I would even consider putting new axle seals in as well since you'll have all that stuff out. Big wheels tend to create additional stress on the rear drivetrain. It would be more of a "take car of it now before it shits out" type of thing.
                It also depends if you're doing burnouts as well!
                I can't think of anything else at the moment.

-ryan s.
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

i just changed the seals out not to long ago and no burn outs ive pretty much have done alot of normal long term wear and tear fixing like bushing shocks struts etc.. but nothing motor. but i did go threw the links you posted im gonna try plugs and wires coil packs etc. i pretty much keep up with the maint.. on this car very well as it is are only vech... at the moment.. it does not sit she likes to be driven.
                  sigpic

Comment

Cool. My car rarely sits for more than 12 hours.
                    Sounds like you have a solid ride.
                    You should make a readers ride thread to post pics and progress of your Panther.

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Times a million on teh gears!

Some shops can do 'em relatively cheap too. If you plan on keeping 24's on it and a lot of weight in the trunk i'd at least go up to 3.73 or 4.10 to get some of that power back.
                      2003 Crown Vic - Stainless Works Longtubes + 2.5" exhaust, 19" C/S Wheels, 70MM TB
                      2004 Dodge Ram 2500, Yeah, It's got a Hemi
                      2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab

Comment

Originally posted by LimitedStreet View Post
                        Times a million on teh gears!

Some shops can do 'em relatively cheap too. If you plan on keeping 24's on it and a lot of weight in the trunk i'd at least go up to 3.73 or 4.10 to get some of that power back.
                        i have a mechanic i go to long time friend full mechanic shop. just gotta have the time and money for this. will consider doing this tho. just gotta work around their schedule it is a business. thanks guys for the help and advise i will post sum pics soon, its a slow work and progress. i still gotta touch up few little things as the wear n tear is starting to catch up to her again
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                          Underdrive pullies. MSD coils and Wires. Electric fan. Electric water pump. Torque converter and REAR GEARS WITH TRAC-LOC!!
                          I should dyno the Tank before I do the motor swap.

-ryan s.
                          Agreed. You should start with the suspension and brakes. You already did the dual exhaust, so you're a good to go on that. After the suspension work, you'll have a decent riding machine; and you will know where you to go after that. Good luck and have fun. Oh and take pics if you can of the finished product

Packman

Comment

all of the suspension and brakes and bushings etc... has bin done.
                            sigpic

Comment

found some old pic Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	1270336Click image for larger version

Name:	556788_406770292679770_1037681081_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	1270337
                              sigpic