thought this was kinda weird but i will share it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thought this was kinda weird but i will share it

i get off of work one night and my car had manual headlights since i bought it but when i got off one night and i bumped my HLS and boom now my lights are automatic im still confused why this happened because i like manual headlights

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4.6L 2v (A.K.A. The Whale)(All Stock... For Now)

1979 Chevy Luv (Waiting On A SBC)(Project NO LUV Since 2008)

What is HLS??

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

@ Bob: Head light switch.

@ OP: Is there a little ring behind the headlight switch? If so just turn it all the way the left and your lights will be manual. This will shut off the Autolamp system.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

the second knob on the HLS is the control for that. all the way left is off, click right for shortest off-delay and autolamp on. more right for longer delay off.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

thanks guys i figured it out and felt like a dumbass

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4.6L 2v (A.K.A. The Whale)(All Stock... For Now)

1979 Chevy Luv (Waiting On A SBC)(Project NO LUV Since 2008)

Comment

meh... when you're not used to the function, you need the answers. once you're used to it... meh.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

so you actually prefer having to turn them on and off manually? yea that is kinda weird.
              Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

I enjoy the manual as well, I see too many people driving with their lights off at night because A: they are being a-holes, or B: they never drove a car with manual lights and have no idea they have to turn them on.
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

The auto lights are nice in the Mark VII, but I don't care enough about it to feel motivated enough to install them in the Towncar. I just find it amusing that I have one of the fairly uncommon Lincolns that didn't come with that option. It wasn't standard equipment, but it was a very commonly optioned item.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                  X