2009 MGM HVAC Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009 MGM HVAC Problems

My 2009 Grand Marquis has an intermittent HVAC issue. When I am driving the cabin will get very cold. I’ll go to change the blower speed as well as the direction/path of air flow and nothing will change. I can audibly hear the blower motor increase speed, but actual air flow will not increase from the dash. I will also have had the dial set at full power and at 90 degrees (maximum temp) with the DEF or DEF/FLR option chosen and I can only feel a very slight amount of heat from the defroster. Switching to vent has the same effect, where even at full power you’ll feel very little actual air flow while the blower motor itself is audibly moving at a high rate of speed. I have tried these methods with and without the automatic function on, as well as trying to switch to MAX AC. MAX AC, when I tried it, had the same minimal to no amount of air coming out of the vents. The control panel also gets very hot, which based on my prior experience with other Fords I presume is normal for those. Basically, once it starts exhibiting these symptoms nothing I press on the control panel whether it is on automatic or not changes anything other than actual blower motor speed. Occasionally I have full range of blend door, speed and temp operation and everything will function normally. I tried pulling DTC from the control panel and it came back showing no code or fault.

My concern is, based on what I am reading elsewhere, either that there is an intermittent fault in the blend door or door motor or in the control panel itself.

sound of crickets chirping eh? well one for the knowledge base; took it to the dealer and they diagnosed it as a failed AC pressure switch and relay, AC lines were icing over and the system was unable to function overall. going to pick up the car today and see if the repair resolved the issue.

Comment

That makes sense, my Mom's Caravan used to do that years ago and you had to turn off the A/C for awhile. I haven't heard of it on a Panther. Most EATC problems on newer models are either bad o-rings in the controller, the blower resistor/module, or a blend door problem.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Working...
      X