Got the GM back from the shop.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the GM back from the shop.....

So i got my car back from the shop yesterday. Had the Intake manifold changed and a hesitation/misfire diagnosed. They used the "Improved design" intake manifold and discovered my hesitation was due to a bad coil that for some reason or another was refusing to throw a code. I discovered upon returning home that the new intake appears to be leaking coolant due to hearing the tell tale hiss and bubble noise from the rear passenger side of the manifold but as of yet have no visual of where due to the insane amount of wires and hoses and such located back there. I have not lost much coolant but it bothers me that i heard it and cant find it. any areas prone to leaking more than others I can check?

Get that GM back to the shop if it's losing coolant and you just had the intake done! It's up to the shop to make it right!
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Yeah, called the shop they don't have time until mid next week... so I am bringing it to another shop for a pressure test and getting it fixed

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
        Get that GM back to the shop if it's losing coolant and you just had the intake done! It's up to the shop to make it right!
        I can't recommend this approach enough. If they messed something up, it is their responsibility to get it fixed (or pay to get it fixed elsewhere.) I had a similar experience with a shop in my town. They'd claim a problem was "fixed", I'd drive home and discover it wasn't, and then they aren't available to fix it until "some time next week."

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
        2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
        2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

I would love to wait and make them fix it again but as it sits the gm is my only functioning car so I'm at a loss here

Comment

If the shop can't fit you in and get your car fixed, they should at least pay for it to get fixed somewhere else! Have you talked to them at all about the problem? What did they have to say about it?

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
            2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
            2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

I am currently waiting on a return call from them, ther manager is supposed to be calling me back, My co worker who happens to be good friends with him is trying to help me out

Comment

Stand fast! And give'em hell :thumbsup:

Pete
                Originally posted by gadget73
                For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

So update.. had them pressure test it, supposedly checks out fine... I don't know how much I trust that. Also refilled the gas tank for the first time since I got it back and my mileage has dropped substantially went from 23-24 combined to 16 combined with most of that being highway where I once was getting 28 mpg. Any ideas on the sudden drop

Comment

...Take it to a different shop. If you wanna make the drive to Zimmerman, about 45 minutes from you, I know a great mechanic there who charges about 50$ an hour for labor, and will take a look at your car and tell you what's wrong with it for about 20-30$ PM me if you want his name and number.
                    Last edited by Ryan12689; 01-14-2013, 02:38 AM.

Comment

I gotta wait til I get paid. But yeah I might be interested

Comment

Working...
                      X