Header Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header Question

Checking out options here...Just a general question regarding what kind of headers to use with the SOHC heads.....
    I see BBK has shorties for Mustang GT....Will that fit into a 97 MGM or do you have to do some pipe bending?
    What other options besides spending a shitload of money are there?
    1997 MGM (bought for a song) MODS: New 70mm MAF, True Duals w/ GlassPacks, 70mm TB, Full custom CAI w/ Cone Filter, SCT tune, Marauder 21mm rear sway, Moog end links, 29mm CVPI front sway, Trak Loc posi w/ 3:55's.

On The List: JMod, PI Intake, Ported Plenum, TB spacer (maybe) Fatter Tires for summer, HD Cop Shocks, Rims, and hopefully new green skin.

I am very interested in this too!

Comment

most of the standard shorty headers will fit without issues. Equal-length headers will not fit. You may need to do some custom down pipes. The only other option is have a place fab a set or spend a crapload for the stainless works set.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Right on. Thanks.
        I'll begin the search.
        1997 MGM (bought for a song) MODS: New 70mm MAF, True Duals w/ GlassPacks, 70mm TB, Full custom CAI w/ Cone Filter, SCT tune, Marauder 21mm rear sway, Moog end links, 29mm CVPI front sway, Trak Loc posi w/ 3:55's.

On The List: JMod, PI Intake, Ported Plenum, TB spacer (maybe) Fatter Tires for summer, HD Cop Shocks, Rims, and hopefully new green skin.

Comment

I'm thinking of getting some headers . Can you put them on if you have all your cats? That's what somebody told me And how much louder is it going to sound? Do muffler shops do that for you?

Comment

Originally posted by bigsteve305 View Post
            I'm thinking of getting some headers . Can you put them on if you have all your cats? That's what somebody told me And how much louder is it going to sound? Do muffler shops do that for you?
            Yes. It doesn't matter if your cats are on or not.

Louder. Even louder depending on your mufflers and everything else that's behind the headers.

I'm pretty sure a muffler shop won't install headers. A speed shop would be a better choice in my mind.
            But I'm not sure, because I kinda do everything myself.
            But it wouldn't hurt to ask them!!

-ryan s.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

muffler shops around here do header installs... but you typically have to source those yourself or pay for the shop's markup.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
              X